Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm sorry you did not like it J.R. Thanks HappyGobo. I had an idea of showing a ticking clock but then ommitted it. Would have probably worked. Live and learn as they say.

2. Collapse Details
    I liked the B&W in this film. Some of the shots were very good, but I think the opening shot with the guy in the office seemed a little long, because it was a real wide shot and so much empty space in the frame (like the white wall) that kind of made my eyes keep wondering off from the actor. I applaud you for the doing the whole thing silent, because that's not easy to do and I think you accomplished getting your story through to the audience. Good job.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

3. Collapse Details
    Hey Kirk,

I think choosing to do a silent B&w was a daring short to undertake. The story was okay though a bit cliche with Orlock being a vampire. Was the bottle being Chateau Orlock supposed to tip off the character that the other guy was a vampire? I admit I didn't know Orlock was the name of an other Dracula character, but why did the main character react to the bottle that way.

The beginning montage was too long. You probably should use that time to show other shots of him working. The one angle using dissolves gets boring quick.

I think choosing to do this story as a silent film is probably what made it the most difficult because the story could be told better with words.

You had some good shots and the actors looks good. Location was nice too. Just gotta tie it all together with a more solid story.

Laters,
    Ando
    Lovefest entry - "Eggagement"
    Hallow's Fest entry "Meat."

www.cromagnumfilms.com

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks Marlon and Ando.

Glad you liked the black and white stuff. It is challenging to get a story through without words.

Mr Orlock reacted to the bottle because he realised that it was soon to be filled with his own blood.

5. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Attard View Post

Mr Orlock reacted to the bottle because he realised that it was soon to be filled with his own blood.
    Yes, I posted that a while back in this thread, it was subtle but clear. I'm surprised more people aren't getting it.

My only real problem with the movie (as I stated before) was the pacing in the opening office scene.

Are you going to go back and attempt to fix that, or move on to the next project?

You had some pretty nice shots in this. The lighting was pretty good as well.
    Hopefully you'll enter the next fest.

Cheers,

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks Mike.

I'm moving on to my next project. I'll leave the Hallows fest film as it is. I think it's always best to move on and make better films as you go along.

Have something futuristic in pre-production status.

If I wont be too busy with this project I'll make sure to try and enter the next fest. Thanks for the encouragement Mike. I liked your stroy and visuals a lot too.

7. Collapse Details
    Well Done!
    Hi there Kirk!

I just wanted to wish you luck and success for this..

What i want to add is....

NEVER GIVE UP! COMMENT WILL JUST MAKE YOU STRONG!

Wish you all the luck of the world!!!

ASTRA

8. Collapse Details
    Hi there Kirk!

I just wanted to wish you luck and success for this..

What i want to add is....

NEVER GIVE UP! COMMENT WILL JUST MAKE YOU STRONG!

Wish you all the luck of the world!!!

ASTRA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123