Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    The HPX500's look fantastic, if it was between XDCAM HD 350 and HPX500 AND they recorded on the same format I'd choice the HPX for sure.

I just get a little worried that the media is so expensive and in the case of documentry where you could be away from a computer for a few days, what happens when the media is full?

Would you take a tape camera with you as well (e.g. my dvx100) for less important shots when your gettling low on storage?

2. Collapse Details
    I've got a JVC HD110 and like it fairly well. If you are delivering in Standard Def DVD's I suggest keeping your Panasonic, shoot 24p or 24p advanced, (Ask Barry which is better for DVD) and shoot widescreen if yours has it since most people are buying HDTV's now. Since DVD's are 60i but also recoginze a 2:3 23.97 60i pull down and can send a then recombined 24p image to a HDTV set.. the results from a DVX100 looks great without the HUGE downconverting time form 720p (30 or 24) HDV to 480i (24p 2:3 or 2:3:3:2). With my dual core 2.2 machine.. 1 hour of footage downconverstion to DVD can take 5-10 hours depending upon settings. My next camera will be a HPX-500, though that may be 5 years away. That is the camera to beat in case anyone is wondering.

3. Collapse Details
    Here are some grabs from my wedding experience with hd200.

http://www.media-in-work.de/fuer_vvf...200/hd200.html

(720 50p)

___
    EDIT: the links seems to have problems. Here is a zipped version:
    http://www.media-in-work.de/fuer_vvf...ddinghd200.zip
    ___

Some with on cam light, some not.

At some point (dancing) I switched back to my VX2000.

With enough light, the pics where nice and clear.

Kind regards

ULI

____

www.media-in-work.de
    Last edited by Uli Mors; 12-17-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: link down..

4. Collapse Details
    For event recording and low-light capability I've heard very good things about the sony hvr-s270. Pro: good shoulder-mount form; good in low light; takes long tapes; can also record to CF cards- that's a great comfort if it's a once-only shot. Con: not sure about the lens; it's pricey; more an 'i' than a 'p' camera, if that's the look you're after.
    The z7- small-form, short tapes- also shoots nice clean pictures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12