Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Collapse Details
    I am wondering the same thing...

waiting with baited breath... IN HELL666!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

2. Collapse Details
    DOWN IN THE VALLEY OF DESPAIR IN THE ASYLEM OF HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This Is It Boys And Ghouls No Turning Back We Await The Decision!!!
    For Tonight We Dine In Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I AM COMING FOR YOU!

THE o.g 666 except no imitations!

3. Collapse Details
    They're just building suspense. We all know Movie Master totally won. He got 666th place.

IN HELL 666

Watch my first feature film Carte Blanche online, for free!

IMDb

Vimeo

4. Collapse Details
    DOWN IN THE VALLEY OF DESPAIR IN THE ASYLEM OF HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    may you be a prophet!! and may your words be set in stone!
    It has been an awsome ride, so much talent it will be tough. I enjoyed the flicks keep up the good work. Hopefully we can scratch a place in some category tonight!!
    I AM COMING FOR YOU!

THE o.g 666 except no imitations!

5. Collapse Details
    what will movie master bring to lovefest? nothing short of maggot infested corpses i imagine?
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    what will movie master bring to lovefest? nothing short of maggot infested corpses i imagine?

Demons need love too.

7. Collapse Details
    MM, I don't know what to say. It is clear that you enjoy making films and I hope that you keep at it. But I also hope that you one day find a way to bring some quality into your films. I don't mean this to be harsh but certainly you must recognize that your films are poorly lit and have bad sound. You really need to bring in a fellow filmmaker who can expose you to a few techniques.

Please don't brush off what I am saying. I am trying to be sincere.

You can do so much more with household lighting if you have to. Just taking an unused lamp from another room and using it to accent a wall or something. There is no depth in your shots and things are way too dark. The guy that runs out of the door and jumps the fence... I had no idea there was a fence there! I only figured that out when I heard the clanking of the chain link. Darkness in film can be very effective but even in the darkest scenes, you should consider highlighting some of the elements in the scene. The lighting in the morgue was actually nice. The stuff in the house just doesn't cut it.

And your sound. Wow. Listen, sound is one of my weakest strengths but you have to make an effort! It just seems like you don't care about the sound quality. And there are simple things, like when editing... you chopped off the trail of dialogue when you cut to a different shot. You have to pay attention to these things. It doesn't take much to do and I know that you can do it.

Your soundtrack was enjoyable. One of the strengths.

The look of the film was a strength as well. Very retro, 8mm look to it. It works!

The acting was dismal. It looks like you are just shooting for fun but I know that you are striving for more than that. You have to start using people with real acting experience. Go to Craigslist. Do an audition. People will turn out and want to be a part of a film. They often will do it for free. Even talented actors trying to get experience and exposure.

As for the story, it was entertaining. Unfortunately, there is no link to the autopsy sequences and the stuff in the middle. I don't get it at all.

It is good to see your return to the fests. I hope that you take what I say with the knowledge that I am really trying to offer some helpful feedback. Keep at it! And keep trying to enhance your abilities.

-Ted

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314