Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    All Hallows Fest 2007 - Submission Info

We are happy to officially open the All Hallows Fest 2007 Film Submission.

As stated in the original rules, the deadline for this festival will be October 26, 2007. The upload form will be deactivated at 11:59PM (Midnight) Pacific Time, Friday, October 26. No films nor revisions will be accepted after that time.

Eligibility Requirements:
    1. The festival category is a short film with the theme of DARKNESS.
    2. All films must be no longer than 5 (five) minutes total. The following format must be followed. Film Title (any format), body of film, 10 seconds of credits (which must clearly acknowledge dvxuser.com).
    3. All films must include a glass of red wine in at least one scene.
    4. All cameras are eligible to participate and for prizes.
    5. All films must be in English or be subtitled in English.
    6. Delivered film must be formatted as 16:9 or 2.35:1.
    7. Delivered film must not exceed 50 MB.
    8. Delivered film must be provided as an h.264 compressed file (either .mov or .mp4).
    9. Film must be an "R" rating, or lower.
    10. Filmmaker must have proper copyright clearance for all material contained in the entry.
    11. Films must be made between August 18, 2007 and October 26, 2007 and must not be publicly screened prior to entry.
    12. Films must not have been promoted anywhere, other than DVXUser, prior to completion of festival screening.
    13. Entrants must grant DVXuser.com and its agents non-exclusive rights for their films to appear on a potential DVXFest DVD or for DVXuser-sanctioned public screenings.
    14. Films may be entered in other festivals, as long as it doesn't screen prior to October 31, 2007.
    How To Submit
    1. Create an h.264 compressed file, 50MB or less.
    2. Name the file as follows: <DVXuser_name>_<film_name>.mov (e.g. LarryR_Darkness.mov).
    3. <Optional> Create a poster - preferably a PNG or JPG file, named the same as the film.
    4. Point your browser to: http://www.dvxfest.com/upload
    5. Fill out the form.
    6. After you select the film file, if you have a poster click on the link labeled: "Add Another File?" and select the poster file.
    7. Click "Begin Upload".
    (Note: There is no need to submit an MPEG DVD version of the film at this time. When we are ready to start work on the DVD we will make arrangements to receive the expanded films)

Other Info
    1. All submitted films will undergo review by the DVX Festival board for adherence to the posted rules.
    2. Any films not in 100% compliance will be rejected and the filmmaker will be notified.
    3. Rejected films will be allowed the opportunity to re-submit a revised film that meets the requirements up to the posted deadline.
    Any further questions or comments, please contact myself (Larry R) or Barry (Barry_S).

Thanks,
    Larry
    Last edited by Larry Rutledge; 10-27-2007 at 09:51 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    So it begins! Wow... Forgot it was October 26! I gotta get on the ball!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

3. Collapse Details
    sorry guys, dumb question
    Senior Member Wild Imagination Films's Avatar
    Is mp4 the same as mpg4? I rendered a trial snippet and main concept acc avc mp4 render renames itself as an mpg4 movie. Did I do something incorrectly?
    "From now on, I will make films I want to watch."
    William@Wild Imagination Films.com
    WildImaginationFilms.com

4. Collapse Details
    So do we have to submit our films on the 26th or can it be done sooner? If so when?

5. Collapse Details
    No, you can upload anytime between now and midnight (Pacific Time) on October 26. That was the point of the announcement, to let you know the upload system hsd been activated.

Be sure to read through all the information in the first post to ensure your entry won't be disqualified.

Peace,
    Larry

6. Collapse Details
    Sorry I thought it was just an announcement on the instructions. Time to compress.

7. Collapse Details
    Como's back. back again Robbie Comeau's Avatar
    Sometimes when i export a video, dead on 3 mintues, the final export in quicktime wil be 3:01....What if i export a 5 minute film, and its 5:01, or 4:49, due to export issues. Is this acceptible?
    Rob Comeau - Film Director
    www.vimeo.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.youtube.com/comeauproductions (film)
    www.facebook.com/robcomeaufilm
    Message me to check out my films!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Imagination Films View Post
    Is mp4 the same as mpg4? I rendered a trial snippet and main concept acc avc mp4 render renames itself as an mpg4 movie. Did I do something incorrectly?
    As far as I know, mp4 and mpg4 are the same thing, just different extensions. After it completes compressing, try renaming it to .mp4 and see if it still runs correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by MOVIE STUNTS View Post
    Sorry I thought it was just an announcement on the instructions. Time to compress.
    No problem. We try to provide more than a single day for uploads so that the server isn't beat to death with 50+ entries all uploading at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by TheComo View Post
    Sometimes when i export a video, dead on 3 mintues, the final export in quicktime wil be 3:01....What if i export a 5 minute film, and its 5:01, or 4:49, due to export issues. Is this acceptible?
    We accept anything 5 minutes or less, as the final compressed file. If you compress and it comes out to 5:01 then you will need to check your compression settings or your edit and see what you can tweak to get at, or below, 5:00 TRT.

Peace,
    Larry

9. Collapse Details
    If you end up at 5:01 or 5:02 after compressing I'd suggest you use QuickTimePro to just trim the damn thing. It would be a shame to get the compression done and have to recompress everything. Some people aren't aware you can cut and paste and trim with QTPro without recompressing.

10. Collapse Details
    YEa, it's pretty simple.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast