1. Collapse Details
    AKG 568 shotgun mic for sale
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone interested in a Phantom Powered shotgun mic AKG 568? It is a used item but sounds incredible. The retail value is around $550 but I will sell for $250. I am selling because I bought two together on ebay and decided that one would be sufficient. I would also consider trading equipment like batteries or other mics or other miscellenious items. The specs are great and it is highly directional.
    I have not personaly compared it to a Sennheiser or Audio Technica but it seems to be in the same class if not better. I am not extremely knowlegable when it comes to sound production but I know that it is miles ahead of my old SGM-2x. In fact it is the best sounding mic that I have ever personally heard. It isn't very long either, probably around 10 inches. When compared to the stock mic of the DVX it is amazing, so much more crisp and clear with much better dynamic range and it is much louder. The sensitivity is amazing!

Specifications :

FREQUENCY RANGE : 20 Hz to 20 kHz
    POLAR PATTERN : hypercardioid/directional
    SENSITIVITY : 11 mV/Pa (-39 dBV)
    EQUIVALENT NOISE LEVEL : 18 dB-A
    MAXIMUM SPL FOR 0.5% THD : 128 dB
    IMPEDANCE : 600 ohms
    SIZE : 20 x 255 mm (0.8 x 10 in.)
    NET/SHIPPING WEIGHT : 160/715 g (5.6 oz./1.6 lbs.)

Compact, short shotgun microphone

Integrated, switchable bass cut filter minimizes mechanical noise

Operates on phantom power

High directivity and wide frequency response in a relatively short shotgun make this microphone a perfect tool for theater, sound reinforcement, and film/TV applications.
    Due to its compact and lightweight design, the C 568 B is ideal for camera mount applications. Below 500 Hz it functions as a hypercardioid microphone; above 500 Hz the acoustic interference tube introduces increasing directivity. A switchable 12 dB/octave 120 Hz bass cut filter effectively suppresses rumble and wind noise. The rugged, all-metal body contains the built-in preamp. Phantom powering (952 V) required

2. Collapse Details
    Re: AKG 568 shotgun mic for sale
    Feedback Score
    how are these in comparison to a me66 or an at897?

i might buy
    I damn-near lost my nose. And i like it. I like breathing through it.

3. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    I am not certain, but the specs seem to be better. *I believe that the AKG is better, considering it's price point at $550 but I cant be for sure because there isn't much information in comparision that I can find. *Hopefully someone else on this board can comment from personal experience. *All I know that it is leaps and bounds better than the SGM-2x which rated similiar or better than the Audio-Technica 835 in this review.

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage...tgun_mics.html

So I am assuming that it is a considerable upgrade to the Audio Technica and Sennheiser. *It really is a very clean, sharp and crisp sounding mic. *It has a very good bass response as well as handling the high frequencies. *If you are interested I will refund all money (- shipping) if you are not satisfied. *I am very happy with it.

4. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    i would definatly take this deal up if someone could verify the quality of this mic. Is the condition great? how do you use it yourself?
    I damn-near lost my nose. And i like it. I like breathing through it.

5. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    The condition is great. It has a few scuffs from use on the shock mount, but it doesn't hinder performance at all. Since i have had it I have kept it on the DVX at almost all times and I use it on the channel two and leave channel one open for the on board mic. This setup leaves me to choose the best sound source when editing. I will look around the internet to try and find more info on it. I think it is a discontinued model, but I am uncertain.

6. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    I will be posting this mic on ebay in three days (July 15th) if no one else is interested. *
    Don't miss out in this great price I will be selling on ebay for one hundred dollars more so act fast! *I am telling you this mic captures very sweet sounds at and is highly directional. *It works very well with the DVX considering the size and phantom power.

I guarantee DOA and will provide a 1 week satisfacion or money back! I promise, this mic is a superb deal and delivers fantastic sound.

Only $250- Trading other equipment is an option as well. (bags, cases, lights, wireless mics)

7. Collapse Details
    ill take it off your hands for 250 shipped, but im at a university studying film for another 4 days. i can pay on friday through paypal.

8. Collapse Details
    Feedback Score
    Sold! Thanks Guys!