Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kamau View Post
    Noah,

I am just learning to edit and will be using E-series P2 cards to ingest clips from an HPX170 or a portable hard drive and edited on a new 17" MacBook Pro. Does your HVX200/P2 Workflow DVD cover everything I need to know about using this equipment with FCP 5.1.4.? I plan to purchase your DVD, but wanted to make sure that I was getting the most up-to-date instruction that you have available for new learners.

Thank you,

Kamau
    Sure- the workflow has stabilized since we did this DVD. So everything in there is completely up to date for your workflow. This is our most jam-packed title, full of useful tips and demos.

Noah
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    40% discount code for DVXusers: dvxcbx20
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

2. Collapse Details
    Noah,

Thank you. I placed my order on the 16th of August. it is a great resource.

Kamau

3. Collapse Details
    can you download footage to an external hard drive while in the field? using a firwire?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie08 View Post
    can you download footage to an external hard drive while in the field? using a firwire?
    Sure- you can do that directly via the camera or to a laptop- we show how to do both on the class. Now instantly available for download...

Noah
    One of 50 Best Websites for Moviemakers by MovieMaker Magazine: www.CallBoxLive.com
    Good on all Call Box videos including Panasonic GH2, Panasonic AC160/130 and GoPro HD.

5. Collapse Details
    does anyone know how there is anyway to retreive footage that was accidently erased on the p2 card?...i formatted a scene and gone....shooting in 720pn and using hvx 200.

6. Collapse Details
    While we're on the topic of workflow, perhaps your instructions offer some wisdom on this. I have been using my Panasonic DVX100b and Final Cut Express 4 with great success for some time now. When forced into a situation where I needed to use a tapeless approach, I bought a Panasonic HDC-TM700 (a very nice camera) and was annoyed to no end to find that FCE really doesn't like those .MTS files. I have been considering trying to upgrade to a 150, a 170, or a 200. I understand the 150 has the same kind of .MTS files. Ugh. Now I see here that even working with the 200 is a challenge. (What cameras does that Log & Transfer function actually work with?) Do I need to upgrade to real Final Cut? I'm not going to buy anything until I have some idea of what actually works. Does your DVD discuss capturing files from all three (or four) of those cameras? Thanks.

7. Collapse Details
    Yep the P2 workflow from DVCPROHD is fairly universal across Panasonic P2 cameras. And yes you do need to upgrade to FCP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12