Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Truth about Pacific Coast Lighting Systems
    I had the unfortunate experience of trying to do business with the Wisconsin based lighting company, Pacific Coast Lighting Systems. pclightingsystems.com

The facts about this company:

1) Website looks great and prices seem unbeatable.

2) It's owned and operated by one guy
    So don't buy the bull about multiple warehouses and such

3) Doesn't Return Messages:
    It is very frustrating after calling and emailing not to get a reply. It's a shame that PCL takes your $$$ and then seems to forget all about you and your order. Like I said before this is a small company, loosing track of someone shouldn't be an issue. Madison is only 2 hours away from Menasha, WI. He didn't want me to come and pick up the package.

4) Very dishonest
    Website says one thing, he doesn't follow through with any of that. When I did get ahold of him, he fed me a story. He promised it would be sent and he would send a UPS Tracking number. Nothing.

5) Has 4 complaints on the Better Business Bureau for this same thing.

I'm telling you my experience SEPT 2007.

Fortunately you can get your $$$ back by calling your credit card company and letting them know that you suspect Fraudulent activity. NO SHIPMENT CONFIRMATION. NO RETURN MESSAGES. ALREADY TAKEN THE $$$. HASN"T DELIVERED PRODUCT AS STATED IN DESCRIPTION. Credit Cards always win!!

Just looking out for my fellow peers.
    Last edited by Master C; 09-14-2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typo

2. Collapse Details
    Unfortunately you are not alone.
    We've had similar stories posted on the site:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=85219

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=104562

I highly suggest you take the time to write up a review about them at Reseller Ratings
    I just checked their page on that site and they have zero reviews. Its important for people to hear about these kinds of experiences.

3. Collapse Details
    dammed sucka

myspace.com/unixstudios add me
    Unix@U2.com

4. Collapse Details
    Hello there from Ireland.(5750watt 5 head dayflo kit)
    The pacific coast lighting systems scandal has reached our shores as well.Having placed an order last april half of the kit arrived here on the 22 aug 07.When eventually contacting mark to find out where the rest of the order was,he said he was sending a second kit.after examining the shipping documents i found a second company involved.
    lincoinc in santa fe springs who actually shipped the equipment.At the moment i am trying to get a reply from linco inc as to wheter mark has indeed sent a second kit.but so far they have not responded to my emails.So the problem with pacific coast lighting systems is not just US scam,its hitting customers over here as well.If mark thinks that just because we are on the other side of the world and cant do anything about it....
    he has another thing coming!

5. Collapse Details
    I'm so disappointed
    But glad I read this thread. I was ready to place an order.

So who actually makes this unit and where can I get it or do you have a recommendation for something else?

Jaz

www.sheetsofsound.net

6. Collapse Details
    Wow... I can't believe people are still having problems with this guy. Read this post for more info, including his reply to my message: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...05#post1011005

If you want lights in this price range, order from Rostronics.

7. Collapse Details
    Burnin' down the House HDkilledFILM.'s Avatar
    Let me give you the best advice I can, advice I did not take and I have lived to regret. Buy kino and arri if you have the money, rent them if you don't. Buying cheap lights is the worst solution for trying to complete a kit. If you have bad lights on a shoot it limits you to what you can achieve. Trust me buying a good lighting kit is the first thing you should do as a DP, even before you commit to a camera.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.-William Butler Yeats

Check out my horror double feature HERE!!!

8. Collapse Details
    they say the offer the best quality in lighting www.pclightingsystems.com
    Jdmoviemaker

9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Wild Imagination Films's Avatar
    If I have learned one thing here on DVX User, it is this. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!!
    We wouldn't have gone the route we did, but fortunately our experience with PCL wasn't as bad as the others here.
    I will look up everything in the future when I am looking at purchasing stuff. Had I before, and had I heeded the advise of my fellow Users, I wouldn't have a camera, but I'd have some great gear.
    "From now on, I will make films I want to watch."
    William@Wild Imagination Films.com
    WildImaginationFilms.com

10. Collapse Details
    Didn't find this until too late!
    Thumbs down
    This guy is now doing business as EOS Lighting, LLC but make no mistake it is the same guy. I placed my order through Google Checkout and the next day he charged my card for the full amount. He then promptly shipped me a box of extension cords and tie wraps. He called it the Accessory Kit. After several weeks and no lights I finally was able to get someone on the phone. They apologized and asked if they could send me a backdrop for my inconvenience, I said sure, but get me my lights. Next day, UPS notice of a 4 lbs. shipment and lo and behold a backdrop shows up. Still no lights!

I find this thread on DVXuser and promptly call and cancel my order. E-mail a cancellation through Google Checkout, call American Express and challenge the charge, etc., etc. I get an e-mail saying they are sorry about my cancellation but the order got accidentally shipped to Hawaii. Yeah right. Do you know how much it cost to accidentally ship a 53 lbs. box from Wisconsin to Hawaii? Total bull.

So thinking this is all resolved I order a set of lights from a reputable source and they promptly send me a UPS shipping notice. Today both sets of lights show up! EOS Lighting, LLC shipped me the lights several days after acknowledging my cancellation.

Stay away from these guys! I will keep you posted as things develop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast