Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    2 new HDV cameras with interchangeable lens
    http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...site=biz_en_CH

So we have a "Z2" after all, and no need for 35mm adaptors!

2. Collapse Details
    Flexible Lens Options
    The shoulder-mount camcorder is supplied with an interchangeable HD Carl Zeiss lens with 1/3” bayonet joint mechanism, allowing the flexibility of attaching existing 2/3” or 1/2” lenses with a standard lens adaptor. Lenses from the popular Digital SLR – a System from Sony can also be used with a special adaptor.
    Well looks like Sony certainly isnt giving up on HDV yet. And looks like theyve decided to offer a pro feel 1/3 incher with 4 channel audio.

Theres also another HDV cam on there from Sony which I noticed an interesting point - ability to shoot 400 fields per second for upto 12 seconds. Now that would be pretty good slow mo. Interestingly though I couldnt see a 25p function on the description for that one - which would suggest they are aiming at the event crowd - weddings, parties anything.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

3. Collapse Details
    Which one do you mean, specifcally?

4. Collapse Details
    Interchangable lenses? I doubt this will come with a low price tag, this is sony we're talking about.
    Why do there have to be puppets like Frank?
    My Twitter

5. Collapse Details
    Lets hope that with JVC, Sony and Canon having 1/3" offerings with interchangable lenses that Panasonic steps up with the next incarnation of the HVX.

Quote Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
    ...and no need for 35mm adaptors!
    I'm confused - why would you say 'no need for a 35mm adapter'?
    These are still 1/3" cameras.

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Sony claims a progressive scan recording mode on its two new HDV camcorders but the fact remains that no high speed progressive recording is offered like 60p. The only camera that offers that is the sony XDCAM EX. Sony HDV cameras offers 60i recording but that uses obsolete interlace scanning.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Caffesse View Post
    Lets hope that with JVC, Sony and Canon having 1/3" offerings with interchangable lenses that Panasonic steps up with the next incarnation of the HVX.
    Gauntlet's been thrown down, that's for sure.

What'd be really nice is if Sony uses the same lens mount as the JVC. Panasonic used to offer a 1/3" bayonet that (I believe) used the same lens mount as the current JVC HD1xx/HD2xx lineup, so if JVC, Panasonic, and Sony all use the same lens mount, that makes it so much more attractive to the lens manufacturers. I don't know that Canon would adapt, they use their own XL mount, but if at least the other three all got on the same page it should really multiply the lens choices for users.
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 09-08-2007 at 10:16 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by androbot2084 View Post
    Sony claims a progressive scan recording mode on its two new HDV camcorders but the fact remains that no high speed progressive recording is offered like 60p. The only camera that offers that is the sony XDCAM EX. Sony HDV cameras offers 60i recording but that uses obsolete interlace scanning.
    Who said interlacing is obsolete? It probably will be, but currently 90% of HD 1080 broadcast is done interlaced (720p is another story).

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Actually a lot of 1080i broadcasting can be considered
    progressive because it is captured in 1080p24 or 1080p30 and converted to a 1080i stream using progressively segmented frame technology. When television was first invented it used a superior
    progressive scan technology. Analog television never needed a 480i interlace scanning system because a 360p60 progressive scanning system would have fit the limited bandwidth of the then available technology and would have delivered better picture quality. Interlace television is obsolete now as well as obsolete when it was invented over 70 years ago.

10. Collapse Details
    Hi,

Flexible Lens Options
    The handheld camcorder is supplied with an interchangeable HD Carl Zeiss lens with 1/3” bayonet joint mechanism, allowing the flexibility of attaching existing 2/3” or 1/2” lenses with a standard lens adaptor. Lenses from the popular Digital SLR – a System from Sony can also be used with a special adaptor.

What does this really mean? Remove the stock lense, use the sony special adaptor and attach nikon lenses? True or false?

And one more thing....since I am on the verge of buying a hvx-200....I am also wondering when these two cameras will be released? and what will be their price...I am specially interesed in the little fellow and not the shoulder mount...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast