Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Start up with Avid takes 15 minutes
    Hi I upgraded to 5.7.2 the system seems pretty stable but each time I open Avid it scans every MXF folder on every drive, and the omfi folders too. It is taking 15 minutes to start up every time i open it. Is there a way to turn that off or something?

2. Collapse Details
    You can't turn it off--it's pretty much fundamental to the way that Avid operates. It sounds to me like you have a completely hosed install, though--and I'm starting to wonder if a complete system overall (ie. take it down to an OS install) wouldn't help. Something with the application is corrupted, and is making it ignore the database files that should be created in every MXF/OMFI directory. If nothing else, a complete reinstall will eliminate that as a possible problem and solution. I make it standard practice to reinstall the OS and application every 4-5 months--helps eliminate the gremlins.

3. Collapse Details
    We have that same problem on our Avid at work. We turn it on every Monday and don't quit Avid until Friday at closing time. Pain in the butt, but it's not pissing off our editor anymore since he did that.
    Last edited by little bobby; 09-06-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling errors

4. Collapse Details
    Wait so I should re-install windows? Im not the most computer tech savy guy, but I swear my work makes up for it lol Im coming out with a new website soon, 1 year in the making, if anyone has myspace FILM, come check me out there. Can't wait to post some projects Ive been doing.

myspace.com/ericpapaproductions