Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkowilson View Post
    Any specific questions for the Adobe Reps?

- Mikko

Will we be able to read MXFs in After Effects as well? The feature is useless to me otherwise.
    Jerry Turner
    Camera Assistant
    www.jerry-turner.com

2. Collapse Details
    Oh true - didnt even think about AE... I'd hope so since premiere integrates so seamlessly with AE...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkowilson View Post
    Wow. VERY cool stuff! I will definatly swing by Adobe and quiz them about this at IBC.

Any specific questions for the Adobe Reps?

- Mikko

he y miko, ask them when they will upgrade the "RGBA" color bith depth to make it more compatibe to after effects and photoshop. obviously we want our editing workpaces to still be in real time, so they can enable this floating point only in effects mode. this will be excellent. They should also enable the conversion or import of FCP quicktime files. Also thank them for the adobe media encoder, that application just made me some money.

its definetly great they are implementing the mxf file format. all around the CS3 PRODUCTS ARE REAL SOLID,. since I moved from expensive a** avid to adobe products, I have never looked back,

I wish adobe will come up with thier own real time codec like prores, or dnxhd, that will hande many file formats, from 4k, down. this will help a lot for DI work.

4. Collapse Details
    Where does Raylight now stand? Can it still be of use and integrated or is it about to become an obsolete application?

5. Collapse Details
    This is good news about MXF support. Perhaps now I can render at the end of an edit/grade to CineForm for mastering at 10bit 1080p24. Interested to see how the RT performance fairs.

Danny, PP2 had known issues on long form projects, like a Feature length edit, and was apparently hanging/freezing due to memory issues. Has this been solved with CS3? Maybe Mikko can ask about this, however, I know what the rep will say. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Christopher Barry; 09-06-2007 at 04:33 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    The next big question is if this update will support All the hvxs resolutions and frame rates for both pal and ntsc.

If this update supports 720/50p, 720/25p and pn AND (heres the big one) 1080i/25p I'll be floored..

Because even fcp doesnt support 1080i/25p.
    Check out my reel. And 2 short films here and here.

7. Collapse Details
    Rowe Cine LLC
    ..i would presume youll be able to edit any frame size or frame rate from an HVX ..or any other P2 cam for that matter ( although i personally only have a mind for th NTSC world, but well find out soon enough) but yes, the big question is how long until AE will also be able to use the MXFs either through dynamic link, or straight import. if AE or any other video app you want to use doesnt naitively handle them yet then Raylight is still very useful. but from the sound of this statement

"Our professional video products will integrate file-based camera formats, such as Panasonic P2,..."

..it sounds as if all of thier video products will be working with P2 in the days to come. of course, ..hopefully sooner than later.

anyhow, its some news ive been waiting to hear ever since the HVx first came out., so im pretty happy they are taking steps into it.

8. Collapse Details
    This is going to be awesome. I'm editing a feature right now on the trial version of DVFilm Raylight. I was about a few days away from buying the full product.
    Alexander Mejia, Creative Director at Human Interact

9. Collapse Details
    I cant wait, this is great, keep us updated on the progress, I've been a premiere user for years and was about to make the convertion to FCP, if premiere can deal with MXF's I'm clearly sticking with adobe,

Is this update going to be free??

10. Collapse Details
    oh my oh my oh my! I've been cutting using Raylight in CS3 now for a while, and even though Raylight is a DANG good product, I would LOVE to be able to edit natively (SPEEEEED) in Premiere. This is absolutely wonderful (but should've come ages ago).
    Andreas U. Hellebust - Cinematographer (Norway)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast