Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Article: Letus35 Flip Enhanced

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    good write up.

just a quick note about the shutter speed issue, spinning adapters, M2, WDR35, and Sgpro, are less succeptible to the GG freezing issue. Not by alot, but they handle it better. 1/120th a second is "safe" with this GG configuration.

just throwing it out there.
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

3. Collapse Details
    Very interesting but there is an error: the lens attachment HAS a locking mechanism. You can mount the lens in 2 different positions, one rotated 180 degrees from the other, and one locks the lens. To release the lens you have to push the screw/button.

Last edited by someday; 09-06-2007 at 03:20 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    Great article. I just wanna add that some Letus users have modified their battery pack to include 3 or even 4 batteries for faster vibration. For those wondering, do a search on these forums. I'll bet that should resolve high-shutter problems.

I've used the LetusFE before, and it's a simple and great product to use.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzer View Post
    Great article. I just wanna add that some Letus users have modified their battery pack to include 3 or even 4 batteries for faster vibration. For those wondering, do a search on these forums. I'll bet that should resolve high-shutter problems.

I've used the LetusFE before, and it's a simple and great product to use.

Quyen personally recommended to NOT add batteries.

6. Collapse Details
    Are you able to blow those dirt specks out of the housing if your adapter comes with some?
    JupiterLeo.com
    Multimedia Video, Photography, Web and Graphic Designer - Located in NYC

7. Collapse Details
    The best solution is opening it (warning: the mirrors could detach and you will have to re fix them with glue) and cleaning it with lens cleners. and air pressure sprays. (spray it near a CRT monitor or TV and the dust will be attracted by the tube).
    Once cleande you could sometimes find some dirt on the GG. You have to open it (2 screws" and spray it.

8. Collapse Details
    hi

i am the owner of the l35fe i shot with it over 50 music video and small commercial (hand held , stadycam, crane)
    and let me tell you its great toll

i was happey to see the charts and to know by fact that it is sharp and also to know that it is not falling from the mini35

in time i add a few small improvments like add 2 more scrow to the gg atachment to the flip (more stady in changing focus)

a small light bulb to the battery pack

and sacoure the canon/nikon lens atachment

got so use to it that when i shoot my last music video with dsr-970 and hd zoom lens i cuoldn't stand the look of it !!!

i shoot with sony v-1 which from my expriance is the best cam to use with the l35fe
    ram shani

cinematographer

tel-aviv

9. Collapse Details
    Barry, Steve-
    Thanx for taking the time to do the write-up. I purchased the FE based on Steve's footage and Barry's earlier positive comments and couldn't be more pleased.
    One question, do you know of a way to mount Leica lenses of the kind that fit on the M6 to either the Canon or Nikon mount of the FE?
    Have you heard it is good to gain the day? I also say it is good to fail . . . Battles are lost in the same spirit in which they are won. Walt Whitman

www.gencofilms.com

10. Collapse Details
    What happened to that thread a while back wherein Barry praised Caesar before burying him? (ie, the Letus FE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast