Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Yeah I am geeked to be tapeless. I have the camera, I just want to know how to use it properly and edit it before I spend thousands more on improved editing equipment over what I have now.

2. Collapse Details
    Do you cover workflow in your book Barry? I have it, but have not had the chance to read it.

3. Collapse Details
    A little in the book, but more in depth on the BootCamp DVDs.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    This is, IINM, why the current version of P2 Genie's erasing of cards can't be used anymore either. They'll have to update P2 Genie to erase all the files within the directories, while keeping the directory structure extant. Until they do that, don't use P2 Genie's "erase" feature with a current-firmware camera.
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. It seems like there's a bit more to it.

Please see: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...23&postcount=9
    Tony
    Kinema / P2 Genie developer

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Barry,

I just realized that the P2 write-protect must be taken off to allow P2CMS to delete the files.

Is that more stable now on the Mac?

6. Collapse Details
    I don't know -- it seemed to be a low-level OS thing, and nobody's reported it being fixed that I know of, so I wouldn't trust it -- I'd still write-protect the cards until the footage is off them or you're done using them, at which point you'd eject 'em, un-protect them, and then erase them.

7. Collapse Details
    oh man, i need to read up more on the p2 cards. if i understand you correctly barry: you write protect them while inputing the files into the mac, then unprotect them once the info is copied over and then delete the files on the card using p2cms. is that correct, or is my simple brain not getting it? lol

8. Collapse Details
    Has anyone tested to see if keeping the correct directory structure intact and simply deleting the files themselves will work? My cameras are still on older firmware revisions, and I don't want to upgrade until I'm sure I'm not going to totally kill my workflow -- since I can't use the P2 Viewer in Linux, I have no way of formatting the cards "properly" aside from inside the camera itself. That would basically leave me totally unable to do continuous recording. Not fun.
    Tony Lovasco
    Twisted Lincoln, Inc.
    www.twistedlincoln.com

9. Collapse Details
    So, if I understand correctly, If I'm using a PC laptop and offloading to an external HD, I can still use P2 Genie to erase the cards? Then I can take that HD and edit on my Mac?

thanks in advance!

JP

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by agfilmmaker View Post
    oh man, i need to read up more on the p2 cards. if i understand you correctly barry: you write protect them while inputing the files into the mac, then unprotect them once the info is copied over and then delete the files on the card using p2cms. is that correct, or is my simple brain not getting it? lol
    That's what I'd tell a Mac user to do, yes. Unless they could just format the cards in-camera, which would seem to be more convenient for any purpose other than hot-swap recording.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast