Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSica View Post
    This thing shoots in SD as well, yes? Does it shoot 24p in SD?
    As has been said, no 24p in SD. However, SD footage is very good, significantly better than the VX2100 that I use. The HV20 lacks the low light sensitivity of the VX2100, but in adequate light it is quite impressive.

2. Collapse Details
    There is no 24p in DV however if you shoot 24p HDV and downconvert to SD using DV lock it is still 24p with the pulldown. So once the pulldown is removed, it is 24p DV.

3. Collapse Details
    Hello all! It's been a while since I've been back to this thread, but I thought I would come by and drop a quick update. I DID end up getting the HV20, and needless to say, I am very impressed with this camera. Is it limited compared to the bigger cameras? No doubt. I think that if the filmmaker is smart with their movement of the camera, and using a good lighting scheme, along with whatever color correction in post, they can get a really sweet look. I am still doing my own "R&D", but thus far, I love it. I have a few short scripts that I will use to really test this thing, and hopefully, it will turn out well. Best of luck to you all, and thanks for the advice! Let's shoot something!

4. Collapse Details
    I'm glad you like it.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana2040 View Post
    Greetings all! Here is my question for you all: How would you rate the Canon HV20 as the main camera for short/feature film work. Low-budget indie-style of course. I am not so much obsessed with which camera I use, but the final result I can achieve. From what I have seen? This camera is brilliant. Especially with the addition of the lens adapters that are available, plus the usual good lighting/color correction. Any thoughts?
    Check out a dressed up HV20 with a medium format adapter attached and a modified screen as a viewfinder ( flipped ). Forget what people think of your camera and what it looks like , it's what you do with it that's important.

www.freewebs.com/wvargas

6. Collapse Details
    I agree Winston! Hey I did get a chance to check out your adapter site. What are your prices like? Best of luck with that!

7. Collapse Details
    HV20 Feature
    Check out the trailer for the feature film "Flamingo" shot with the HV20.

http://www.vimeo.com/692745

www.myspace.com/flamingothemovie

8. Collapse Details
    I have been really happy with the HV20 and used it with the Redrock M2 on several projects, including one for national broadcast. A recent project we made, entitled Writers Block, shot with the HV20 and Redrock, is currently on the main page over at www.ithentic.com.

(re-pasting my reply only cuz i finally figured out how you guys do the banner signatures...took me a few tries cuz i'm dim)

9. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by sean90291 View Post
    I have been really happy with the HV20 and used it with the Redrock M2 on several projects, including one for national broadcast. A recent project we made, entitled Writers Block, shot with the HV20 and Redrock, is currently on the main page over at www.ithentic.com.

(re-pasting my reply only cuz i finally figured out how you guys do the banner signatures...took me a few tries cuz i'm dim)

So that was YOU who did that piece! I saw it a while back and I loved it. I picked up a DIY 35mm lens adapter, and while it isn't a Brevis or a Redrock, I am looking forward to testing it out. I am still in the "R&D" phase, but I do have a few short scripts I will test soon. Again, good stuff with Writer's Block!

10. Collapse Details
    I am presently shooting a music video with the HV20 and my medium format adapter. You can see the camera set up... www.freewebs.com/wvargas also on www.youtube.com look under HV20 on steroids or under winston vargas. You'll get a kick out of it. Picture quality of the HV20 is great...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast