Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    One of the most intersting films in the fest. I loved the visuals. The old barn decked out with dolls provided a creepy juxtapotision. The mask from the bible was great, a literal matephor but it worked really well. I agree with the comments on the VO. However I dont think you'd need to trash it completely. It was just maybe too much, too expository. One line here or there could have said all you needed to. If the VO was made to ehance the mood rather than give backstory, perhaps it would have had a different feel.

At the end of the day you have to go with your gut, and a lot of it was spot on. In a sea of genre predictable shorts it was very refreshing.

2. Collapse Details
    I love the score. Did you create it in Soundtrack?

3. Collapse Details
    Love all the comments.
    Wish I was better at critique.....

Soundtrack loop was from revostock.com same with the film strips at the beginning and end.
    24 hours in a day...6 for sleep...9 for work....that leaves 9 hours to do what you love.....what are you doing?

4. Collapse Details
    Jazz, I went back and watched some of the films over and yours was one that I liked, so I checked it out again to look at some of the cinematography. There were some really good, creative, real storytelling shots in here. After watching it a second time I realized that you did everything! I know how hard that is, because I've done it before and always do alot on my productions as well. It's hard to find good help sometimes. So, I just want to say that I think what you did (doing it all) was amazing and my hat goes off to your for your creativity and skill. Keep up the good work, man!

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Jazz Dog,

One of the best shot films in this short. It's was mesmerizing.

I actually went back and watched it without sound and I enjoyed it quite a bit more without the voiceover. The voiceover isn't performed very well, but I think that it's more so that it just isnt' really needed. The images speak for themselves.

I know you lose any semblance of a story without the voice over, but I guess I liked how it was shot that much.

The bible paper mache mask was awesome.

I guess the biggest problem is the voiceover but without it then there isn't a story. It is an interesting idea though of a release killer that shouldn't have been release. That is intriguing. You got the story to work with though and that's one of the hardest parts.

Again, beautiful imagery. Spooky dolls and saws and axes and masks. Great production value and the music was very good too. Simple and fitting.

Laters,
    Ando
    Lovefest entry - "Eggagement"
    Hallow's Fest entry "Meat."

www.cromagnumfilms.com

6. Collapse Details
    I really enjoyed your film. You had really nice cinematography mixed in with great editing/pacing. It felt both narrative and experimental at the same time, which is one of the reasons it held my interest.

The paper mache mask was a nice touch to an already well 'production designed' film. I think overall, a lot of elements came together here and resulted in a well rounded film. The 'vision' itself was well executed in my opinion. I could feel the presence of a director with a story to tell. Good job and I look forward to your next project.

7. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Hey congrats on the Special Selection!

I think the art direction really stands out in this piece.

JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

8. Collapse Details
    Wow, thanks to everyone who voted for my film. I am truly honored to be in the top 6 or so. I have new found confidence to finish this one with my full idea.
    Looking forward to the next one....
    Greg
    24 hours in a day...6 for sleep...9 for work....that leaves 9 hours to do what you love.....what are you doing?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345