Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I am curious on how this one will go.
    Brandon-this is actually only one part of the three parts I had planned for this. I added the VO just to give it some sort of story. It is basically going to be about a guy who does not have the guts to actually torture kids and only tortures dolls. The most pathetic of the most pathetic. He looks to a priest for solace in his post suicide halucinations who turns out to be himself. I will finish this one soon but I had to turn something in because I love being a part of these things.
    24 hours in a day...6 for sleep...9 for work....that leaves 9 hours to do what you love.....what are you doing?

2. Collapse Details
    visceral and haunting. seriously, let me know when you've finished - don't wait till Creepy Fest to share the rest.

review coming sooner or later; I wanna watch them all first . . . but for now - thanks for entering.

preston

3. Collapse Details
    In a fest that featured a lot of weak entries, yours stands above almost all the other qualifying entries. I wished you could find something better than voice over as it cheapens the images which were very good. GREAT music. It might have been better for the character to actually do the talking instead of VO, which is my only real problem with this. Good job. This is probably going to be in my top 3.

4. Collapse Details
    I absolutely love this one. I actually think this would have worked completely without any VO. This is a winner.

5. Collapse Details
    Loved the visuals in this, almost poetry on screen. I too thought the VO took away a bit and wondered how this would of played with no VO and have a final shot of him watching children play in a schoolyard. I am interested to see where you take it. Really impressive. Good stuff.

6. Collapse Details
    REVIEW:
    Greg Johnson, you rule, man! One of my favorites so far. I knew from the opening credits that I was going to like it. I don't know how, I could just tell. Visually stunning, nice comp on the shots. Really fine work. Great job!

FILMMAKER-TO-FILMMAKER:
    Really liked this one, buddy. I chime in with the others, please let us know when you finish this thing. And yes, I agree that the VO KILLS IT! This one could definitely stand on its own if you worked it. How about putting a Sunday morning sermon blasting from the television in the background, something revolving around the theme?

BTW - A paper-mache mask made from pages of The Bible. F*CKING BRILLIANT! (I might have to steal that one. )

Tres cool! Great work!

7. Collapse Details
    I agree with what most people here say. Stunning visuals, but the voice-over kind of ruins it. After the fest, you should definitely expand it into a longer film, because it's definitely a very unique, original idea.

Watch my first feature film Carte Blanche online, for free!

IMDb

Vimeo

8. Collapse Details
    Wow, thanks everybody. I threw in that VO right on the last night because I felt in needed some story. I must admit I didn't much like it either but thought it might be too artsy weird for the crowd here. Should have stuck with my guns. Live and learn.
    Funny because I have that shot over a guys shoulder with a playground in the background in my original script.
    Thanks for the reviews
    24 hours in a day...6 for sleep...9 for work....that leaves 9 hours to do what you love.....what are you doing?

9. Collapse Details
    Didn't buy the VO. Sounded more like a college kid.

I admit that I laughed at the hockey goalie mask in the mirror. There was something about that shot - maybe the angle of his head, or the peering into the shot - but it just struck me wrong. Sorry.

BUT. I loved this short. The images of the dolls combined with the biblical references combined with the story as told by the narrator were very disturbing. Couple all of that with the cello running throughout and I thought it really hit home.

The images were crisp and I thought the color pallette was perfect for this - like the worn parchment of the pages of the bible.

Very, very nice and only one of two that I've seen so far that I will watch again after this fest is over.

Thank you.
    I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that.

10. Collapse Details
    Definitely visually interesting. Can't say I dug the paper mache mask (Rob Zombie just did the same thing in Halloween). The VO was a drag as stated by others. But the coloring, imagery and music were on target.
    ~-={joops}=-~
    3hree8ight6ix Films

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast