Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do yourself a favor and shoot some comparison shots with/without those filters. Cokin doesn't much of a reputation for quality filters, they're more known for price. A subpar filter can have a noticeable impact on your image clarity, so if you could post some side-by-side shots with/without I'm sure many people would be interested in seeing how the Cokin system interacts with an HD camcorder.

2. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    I tend to shop below the Cokin line, just because cash is tight. I wasn't aware that there was that big a difference in the image though.

3. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    Hey Barry- How do you feel about the Z Pro filter holder?

4. Collapse Details
    I bought a few cokins when I was first starting out, but I've since come to the conclusion that the only thing that goes in front of my lens is the absolute highest-quality filters I can get my hands on, so I haven't bothered to try the Cokin Z series. I pretty much stick with Schneider.

5. Collapse Details
    I was asking specifically about the holder, not the filters. It looks like a cool idea, really affordable too... but it also looks like it would leak light like a sieve.

6. Collapse Details
    Ah, gotcha. Leaking light is really bad because if struck by direct light from behind or whatever, that'll introduce reflections and flare.

7. Collapse Details
    So you also think that might be a problem with the Z Pro filter holder? What about you Pixelator? Have you tried it yet?

8. Collapse Details
    I haven't used the Z Pro -- I'm just saying that if it's got exposed areas where light can hit the filter, that can introduce problems.

Pixelator?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quirk View Post
    Looking for some tips and tuts on achieving a good dof without adapters, and particularly tips on focusing and back focusing with questionable eyes. .
    For most people, adjusting a BF on a HD100 is impossible without a good monitor. You using a monitor?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by brianluce View Post
    For most people, adjusting a BF on a HD100 is impossible without a good monitor. You using a monitor?
    Brian, I'm not using a monitor, but I'm beginning to believe your comment. I could use one of the ones I have at home, but it would be pointless if I break the camera down to transport? I don't have anything portable to use.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast