Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quirk View Post
    Brian, I'm not using a monitor, but I'm beginning to believe your comment. I could use one of the ones I have at home, but it would be pointless if I break the camera down to transport? I don't have anything portable to use.
    Paulo Ciccone's website has a great video on getting back focus set on the JVC's. He uses the DSC charts.

2. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    I've been there before, and it looks like I'll have to check it out again. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this yet, but I also can't be too sure about my eyes being the biggest culprit. Old age sucks hard...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Do yourself a favor and shoot some comparison shots with/without those filters. Cokin doesn't much of a reputation for quality filters, they're more known for price. A subpar filter can have a noticeable impact on your image clarity, so if you could post some side-by-side shots with/without I'm sure many people would be interested in seeing how the Cokin system interacts with an HD camcorder.
    I'll try to get around to doing some testing in a week or two. Basically I use Hoya threaded filter with UMC (fully Ultra Multi Coating) and I like those. The Cokin even looking through them seem cheap, though I have yet to do any real testing. I think a good way to go is to get some good threaded filters to be honest. I just am not looking foward to a polarizer on my HD110 with the hood on... A better answer would be a 3 sided hood for the Fujinon lens that didn't interfer with the filters. That I would pay good money for one if anyone made one. Hmmm... Can't be that hard to make one? Hmmm... I'll get back to you on that one...

4. Collapse Details
    Fiddle Heads
    Quote Originally Posted by brianluce View Post
    For most people, adjusting a BF on a HD100 is impossible without a good monitor. You using a monitor?
    First post here.
    I got The Complete Guide to ProHD by Tim Dashwood (DVD).
    In the area of back focus he mentioned using Fiddle Heads. He claims they are good enough to use in the lcd viewfinder. Maybe not as good as a monitor, but for those without it's a good alternative.... until you see the price, ouch!
    So I'm working on my own back focus chart using the Fiddle Heads design, sort of.
    I haven't figured out exactly how they draw the spirals so I'm testing this pattern.
    Feel free to try it. Since it's not a true copy of the other charts I doubt it will raise any copyright issues. Let me know how it works for you.
    Cheers,
    Jon
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    I like Tim, he is pretty sharp when it comes to video in general, and seems to be all over the JVC HD cam.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123