Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Collapse Details
    John, this film certainly did have a certain level of creepiness on a whole other level. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like this before, which means I'm sure to remember it. Honestly, I can't say whether or not I liked it, but as a filmmaker I can certainly respect and appreciate it. Afterall, it wouldn't be any fun if we were all doing the same thing, right?

As far as the story goes, I thought it was very dark. I felt like the pacing of it was good in some parts, but seemed to drag a little bit in a few places, like when the voice (creature, monster) was talking to the kid while he was sleep. That seemed redundant at some point. Also, I did think the sound fit very well with what was happening on screen.

Anyway, I applaud you for stepping out the box and doing something different.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by andoguru View Post
    Hey Cinealma,

I'm not a very big fan of experimental films, but this piece was pretty engaging. I like the vibe of it and the audio and sound effects were very good. A lot of nice images. I actually understood a story from this so it puts it above most experimental films I've seen.

The 'sketch' effect over the whole piece sort of reminded me of an Adobe Photoshop/after FX plugin. It seemed a little much to me where it could be turned down a little. It sort of looked like an "Ah-ha" music video...on crack, though. Good job overall.

Did you use all original footage or was there some stock footage from old movies in there? I could have sworn I saw some familiar images? If so, I liked it how you combined stock clips to make a story.

Laters,
    Ando
    Thanks for the comments. In a real general term, this project was patched together from a zillion different things. God forbid anybody see what it looks like before it was "processed", kind of like some Frankenstein collage.

There were a couple of characters in the film that were extracted from a couple of ephemeral public domain films because I liked the way they looked. I futzed with them a bit to make them fit within the world of the film.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by leenewton View Post
    John, this film certainly did have a certain level of creepiness on a whole other level. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like this before, which means I'm sure to remember it. Honestly, I can't say whether or not I liked it, but as a filmmaker I can certainly respect and appreciate it. Afterall, it wouldn't be any fun if we were all doing the same thing, right?

As far as the story goes, I thought it was very dark. I felt like the pacing of it was good in some parts, but seemed to drag a little bit in a few places, like when the voice (creature, monster) was talking to the kid while he was sleep. That seemed redundant at some point. Also, I did think the sound fit very well with what was happening on screen.

Anyway, I applaud you for stepping out the box and doing something different.
    Thank you very much for the review.

"I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like this before, which means I'm sure to remember it. "

That statement really means a lot to me and I truly appreciate it. As a filmmaker, or any other kind of artist for that matter, that's probably one of the best comments you could receive, regardless if somebody liked it or hated it.

Thanks again.

3. Collapse Details
    You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

4. Collapse Details
    Wilmywood: "Where the Carolina Moon Meets the Hollywood Stars!" ™ (NC baby)
    You have no idea how frustrated I am right now because I don't feel I can comment properly on your project. I have an astigmatism and my eyes actually started to hurt and that frustrated me to no end.

My mom was an artists and seeing the way you put your storyline together with the 'line drawing' was stunning to say the least but it kept hurting my eyes to watch.

If it means anything...I cannot look at those 'geometric' pictures that you stare at and finally see something in. I have stared at so many of them and never see the hidden object, be it boat or horse.

Pardon my lack of real comment and know that I loved what I could focus on.
    Sincerely,
    Flora Barren (A Little Mouth to Feed)
    aka Michele Seidman
    imdb / 800Casting / Actors Access / Michele and the Midnight Blues

5. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Hey congrats on the Vision Award.

Much deserved, but you were in my top three.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel Stanley View Post
    Hey congrats on the Vision Award.

Much deserved, but you were in my top three.

Thank you very much, Jack.

7. Collapse Details
    Congrats guys, you really deserved this.
    DIMA

8. Collapse Details
    If I had any say in this, you'd have taken first... and second... and third.

But there may be other options for your film beyond this forum... but I'm sure you're well aware of that already.

Congrats anyway though!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry Yun View Post
    Congrats guys, you really deserved this.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanHaynes View Post
    If I had any say in this, you'd have taken first... and second... and third.

But there may be other options for your film beyond this forum... but I'm sure you're well aware of that already.

Congrats anyway though!
    Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112