1. Collapse Details
    PVC Fittings in Canada?
    I went to a few Home Depot stores, Rona, etc. Guess what? I couldn't find any PVC fittings, like 3/4" or 1/2" elbows, tees - NOTHING! All they have is 1/2" or 3/4" PVC pipe for electrical conduits, that's all.

Has any self-respecting Canuc built himself a PVC FigRig yet? If so, where do you guys shop for parts? A Toronto location would be ideal... TIA - ardo.
    Thinking out of the matte box.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm assuming you are building a diy Fig Rig? Regardless, I don't think you looked close enough. I bought a whole whack of the PVC fittings you are talking about at Home Depot in Vancouver last week and built a FigRig. they had everything in the plumbing section where they store the long pipes of different types.

mor10

3. Collapse Details
    I encountered the same problems while looking for schedule 40 parts. I ended up finding everything I needed at a wholesale plumbing supply house.

Check the yellowpages for one near you.

BTW, my figrig knockoff turned out great.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morten
    I'm assuming you are building a diy Fig Rig? Regardless, I don't think you looked close enough. I bought a whole whack of the PVC fittings you are talking about at Home Depot in Vancouver last week and built a FigRig. they had everything in the plumbing section where they store the long pipes of different types.
    mor10
    In that case, the West coast wins! In Ontario, plumbing is still done with copper pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by nmbuconj
    I encountered the same problems while looking for schedule 40 parts. I ended up finding everything I needed at a wholesale plumbing supply house.

Check the yellowpages for one near you.

BTW, my figrig knockoff turned out great.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. Congrats on the FigRig! I am taking my HV20 to California next month, and thought I could use some support for the lights & a mike.

I found a local supplier of everything Schedule 40 and then some. If you're in Toronto, give JJDowns Plastics a try.

I then decided to use a bike wheel as a form to bend PVC. I got a 16" wheel (that's the one on a 20" bike). Since I had to order one, I got it in black, just in case. Guess what? I think it looks really good to make a FigRig out of it.

I'm off to get some brackets & stuff. Perhaps it's just me, and every other Canadian knows this, but if you're looking for metal parts & can't find them at Home Depot, give Brafasco a try.
    Last edited by ardo; 08-31-2007 at 11:14 AM.
    Thinking out of the matte box.