Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimothy View Post
    Brandon,
    Definitely your best stuff yet. I think the lead girl did a good job but I didn't care a whole lot for some of the other acting. I think Geoff did an awesome job. Had a real cinematic feel, but the transition from dusk to night was a bit drastic and jarring.

Keep it up yo.

Tim.
    Thank ya thank ya Tim! Appreciate you taking the time to come over and say a few words!

Yeah, that transition is a tough one, as I said above... I've had a lot of positive response from that, and now I've had a few negative thoughts on that...

I guess it is what it is Sorry it jarr'd ya...
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

2. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Rice View Post
    First of all Jack... thanks for helping us out with the voice work! Appreciate it!

And thanks also for the review! I am glad you liked the visuals... I'm glad Geoff's work is getting noticed yet again He's great.

Thanks for checking it out, and being a small part of it!

Glad it exceeded your expectations, and that it was spooky!
    Haha I forgot I did that voice over even.

To be clear I liked the movie, not just the visuals.

And it did not exceed my expectations, it met them. I expect you to get this much better each time
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Jack Appreciate the confidence!

And yeah... great VO man

4. Collapse Details
    Hi, watched your movie first, because i thought, you smugglers ransom trailer had some parts i liked a lot.

I really think the movie is well done, liked the shots, actors were ok, etc... but the story was kind of crappy, at least thats what i thought. The ending wasn´t satisfying at all. But some cool shots as well as editing. Geoff your DP was also great.

Still the story is much to weak, even for a 5min film. But what do i say? I wanted to do a short, but wasn´t able to write a script... so keep up the good work, with good story you guys could really come up with something totally cool.

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Brandon, yours is my third film viewed and reviewed. I gotta get high speed, it takes forever to download on dial-up. Some of us country folk don't get that high fallutin' high speed you city slickers take for granted!

Technically, I thought it was very accomplished. The concensus seems to be that this is your best film yet, so that's a good thing. That we all may get better with each film.

I had some problems with the story, or perhaps more accurately the execution. The basic idea that a person haunted by ghosts is in fact revealed to be a ghost herself at the end is a good, if not totally original idea. We all know there are very few original ideas left, and it is the original spin on an old chestnut that we appreciate.

I had a problem with "how" she died. It seems to me she died of an accidental tylenol/aspirin overdose in a few hours. This seems unlikely, although certainly possible. Maybe she was allergic to aspirin, and that is revealed in a flashback. Not very dramatic.

A suicide perhaps, but then why would she be surprised to find out she was in fact dead already if she willfully did the deed.

Another idea might have been that she was murdered, and it was in fact that no-good co-worker who left earlier that did it. That might have been a cool dramatic flashback, and shocking revelation. The spurned suitor who wants revenge. Now THAT'S ORIGNAL!

Nice work.
    "Talent + Perseverance = Luck."
    - Steven Soderbergh

6. Collapse Details
    Very pro dude! amazing DP work and shot selection where great.
    Spyfest Entry = "Check" ---- Hallowfest Entry = "The Circle" ---- Twilightfest Entry = "Hello Hello"

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by aFox View Post
    Hi, watched your movie first, because i thought, you smugglers ransom trailer had some parts i liked a lot.

I really think the movie is well done, liked the shots, actors were ok, etc... but the story was kind of crappy, at least thats what i thought. The ending wasn´t satisfying at all. But some cool shots as well as editing. Geoff your DP was also great.

Still the story is much to weak, even for a 5min film. But what do i say? I wanted to do a short, but wasn´t able to write a script... so keep up the good work, with good story you guys could really come up with something totally cool.
    Thanks for the comments, and for checking the film out! Thanks also for checking out Smuggler's Ransom!

Regarding the story/script. I've had some say it's a terrific script for a short, and a few others, as yourself, not jive with it... sorry you didn't dig it... hope my next script you'll enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Hey Brandon, yours is my third film viewed and reviewed. I gotta get high speed, it takes forever to download on dial-up. Some of us country folk don't get that high fallutin' high speed you city slickers take for granted!

Technically, I thought it was very accomplished. The concensus seems to be that this is your best film yet, so that's a good thing. That we all may get better with each film.

I had some problems with the story, or perhaps more accurately the execution. The basic idea that a person haunted by ghosts is in fact revealed to be a ghost herself at the end is a good, if not totally original idea. We all know there are very few original ideas left, and it is the original spin on an old chestnut that we appreciate.

I had a problem with "how" she died. It seems to me she died of an accidental tylenol/aspirin overdose in a few hours. This seems unlikely, although certainly possible. Maybe she was allergic to aspirin, and that is revealed in a flashback. Not very dramatic.

A suicide perhaps, but then why would she be surprised to find out she was in fact dead already if she willfully did the deed.

Another idea might have been that she was murdered, and it was in fact that no-good co-worker who left earlier that did it. That might have been a cool dramatic flashback, and shocking revelation. The spurned suitor who wants revenge. Now THAT'S ORIGNAL!

Nice work.
    You know! I went through a few ideas of how she should die, and pills seem to work the best... I mean, I think she could OD without knowing it... she was at work late, and tired to boot... I felt the way she died worked...

In one pass of the script we ended with the building being on fire, and that's how she died... I felt that might be really confusing as some might think, "now she's in hell, but how did she die?"

Anyway... yeah, the things that go through a writer's head...

Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by deedive View Post
    Very pro dude! amazing DP work and shot selection where great.
    Hey dude! Thanks for the comments! Yeah, Geoff and I worked real hard on nailing the shot list for the film, and Geoff executed it brilliantly!

8. Collapse Details
    Not much I can say that hasn't been said. Visually looked great. Top notch job on the production side. Sound was good too. The weak points were the acting and the story for me. Not sure of the relationship of the coworkers. I think the "pills" was not executed to focus enough attention for the payoff later. I think more meaty story development would have brought this thing together. Half the movie is Amy typing and the opening credits seemed to eat up a good portion of the time. You got an eye. It would be cool to see what you can do with a more developed story. Looking forward to your next one.
    ~-={joops}=-~
    3hree8ight6ix Films

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Joops View Post
    Not much I can say that hasn't been said. Visually looked great. Top notch job on the production side. Sound was good too. The weak points were the acting and the story for me. Not sure of the relationship of the coworkers. I think the "pills" was not executed to focus enough attention for the payoff later. I think more meaty story development would have brought this thing together. Half the movie is Amy typing and the opening credits seemed to eat up a good portion of the time. You got an eye. It would be cool to see what you can do with a more developed story. Looking forward to your next one.
    Hey thanks for taking the time to write something up....

My motivation behind the opening credits sequence was to show emptiness... she is there, in this huge place... by herself... I wanted to communicate that to the audience in the opening credits section...

Again, with the pills.. I didn't want to give away the ending... we shot her taking pills a second time, but I chose to not include it, as I felt it gave away the ending too much... I wanted to foreshadow the ending, not give it away...

Thanks again for watching!

10. Collapse Details
    Where was the glass of wine? Was it hidden somewhere cause I watched it three times but couldn't see it. Sorry if it was already answered somewhere.

Technically this was very good. Great images and pacing though the story did not grip me. How did her co-worker die? And why would he say welcome to the party?

Visually this was the best film I have watched so far (about 6) but the story and some acting did not work for me.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast