Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
  1. Collapse Details
    Don't recall if we posted the link to the music video Tim and I produced for the band NUDE (and in which TommyInLA appears). Take a look if you're inclined (click the image on our home page): www.fatmonsterfilms.com.

2. Collapse Details
    Hey mark, that video looks pro. I really like the color and the shots are cut well. Nice camera movement as well. I saw you post a few grabs from this and I though it was your Hallows fest entry at the time. Nice work.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey mark, that video looks pro. I really like the color and the shots are cut well. Nice camera movement as well.
    We appreciate it so much when people who shoot so well themselves see something they like in our stuff. In this case our choice of hiring Steve Parker to DP the project was one of the best decisions we made.

Today we learned the band is getting decent airplay on KROQ so hopefully they'll take off and hire us to produce the next single with a bigger budget!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    Don't recall if we posted the link to the music video Tim and I produced for the band NUDE (and in which TommyInLA appears). Take a look if you're inclined (click the image on our home page): www.fatmonsterfilms.com.
    HOT song! HOT video! Good work Mark and crew!!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
    We appreciate it so much when people who shoot so well themselves see something they like in our stuff. In this case our choice of hiring Steve Parker to DP the project was one of the best decisions we made.

Today we learned the band is getting decent airplay on KROQ so hopefully they'll take off and hire us to produce the next single with a bigger budget!
    Awesome!
    Actor / Musician

6. Collapse Details
    Hi Mark and Tim,

sorry it's taken me a while to get to this one.

I just read your BTS page and I thought the guy falling off the bridge was someone doing a bunjie jump so you totally had me fooled on that final shot. Never knew it was cg. Thats inspiring because I've got a similar shot I want to do for another short. Was that rag doll physics or something on your jumper? True some of the final compositing looked rushed, but you can see the potential it had to be a convincing and polished looking piece.

Get in early next time! because you've got the chops to pull off some ambitious stuff :-)

It's much braver to do what do did than sit on the sidelines like I did.

Hope you're in the next frst, and I hope I can be too!

7. Collapse Details
    Was that rag doll physics or something on your jumper?
    I used Endorphin by NaturalMotion. Although ragdoll physics would have certainly worked, Endorphin allows you to apply true behaviors that can look more realistic. Here's how the motion was generated in Endorphin:

Note that the 3D render shown there is without the proper lighting or the cloth simulation on the shirt that would have sold it much more than you see there. As always, the only thing that stands in the way of realism is time and, unfortunately, we just didn't have that much of it for this project.

I have a whole bunch of halfway finished effects for this project so I hope to work on it in my spare time along with some of the other still-unfinished effects in past productions.

8. Collapse Details
    yep all looked good, but the ending was rather obvious.
    cheers
    If you're not mature enough for criticism, you're too immature for praise.

"Life will forever be a challenge, some things are meant that way. Learn to deal with each challenge, using time and thought, so in the end it will be a lesson well learned."

9. Collapse Details
    Hey MarkJohnson,

I thought the story was okay. It was shot pretty well, and the green screen looked decent but I guess I never felt anything for the character and the ending was pretty easy to see coming?

I think you probably could show the story better if there was more shots of the guy maybe before he goes to the bridge to kill himself.

Or you could start the film with him jumping and then we find out later why.

The main actor was pretty good and the dialogue was solid. Good Job with that.

Laters,
    Ando
    Lovefest entry - "Eggagement"
    Hallow's Fest entry "Meat."

www.cromagnumfilms.com

10. Collapse Details
    Hey Mark & Tim, I finally got around to commenting. I really enjoyed the film. It really had a nice feeling of suspense. The bridge jump was very believable. I'm intriqued by the subject. I wrote a short story awhile back about a jumper on the Sunshine Skyway where I live. I think it ranks about number 4 in suicides. Your movie got me interested in the Goden Gate. I didn't realize there was a documentary recently done on the bridge showing the actual jumpers and interviewing their families. That is bizarre and I will have to check it out. I went back and looked at the film after watching it and couldn't believe without the opening and the last shot it was only 1:13 long. You showed alot and told alot with very little screen time. Your energy is unstoppable. Looking forward to see what you guys do next.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324