1. Collapse Details
    New Helmet cam for those who use them.
    It's almost out, they are taking pre-orders now. Looks like a pretty sturdy unit, small size, and all self contained. Little pricey, but it comes with software and mounting hardware included.

2. Collapse Details
    That looks like a nice camera. I've been looking at this one for awhile:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/video/980e/

It doesn't have the resolution of the one you posted, but for the price, it's really tempting. I think it would be fun to play with.

3. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    Horse- I have it from someone else, that camera is less than agreeable. If you should decide to check it out, let me know what you think. The price does make it attractive, as well as being waterproof.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Quirk View Post
    Horse- I have it from someone else, that camera is less than agreeable. If you should decide to check it out, let me know what you think. The price does make it attractive, as well as being waterproof.
    If I get around to picking one up, I'll do a little review of it. It could make a decent toy.

5. Collapse Details
    I'm pretty sure I'll be buying one of the POV1 cameras, I have a helmet rig now that takes up a ton of space (since i record to a sony camcorder in a pelican case) and this is a tiny unit with the same potential video quality. Going to be a little while till I order it since I have to travel for work and won't be able to ship it here till I get back. When that day comes I'll do some testing and post a mini review as well.

6. Collapse Details
    Middle of the woods in Georgia, where on a quiet night, you really can hear banjo music...
    Those POV cams are almost $2,000, right? I remember seeing something about them, but can't remember the specs or price.

7. Collapse Details
    They are $849 on the pre order pricing, I assume they won't go up ater that, I hope not at least.

8. Collapse Details
    I must be thinking of a different one then. The one Horsefilms pointed out, is only $100 at WallyMart, and water proof. The downside is, you are limited to 640x480 and 30fps. The real questionable part, is what kind of image are you going to get? None of this was addressed on the VIO page. Do you know any more on it?

9. Collapse Details
    They list specs as:

Video: Frame rates:30fps, 25fps, 24fps, 15fps Resolutions:720x480, 720x400, 640x480, 360x240 Formats:MPEG4 AVI (DivX Codec) digital, NTSC/PAL analog Exposure control:Automatic exposure control and white balance
    Imaging Hardware: Sensor:Advanced CMOS sensor with electronic global shutter Dynamic range:75dB to 110dB Sensitivity:5 lux color sensor (Sub 0.1 lux monochrome sensor) Processor:32 Bit MIPS processor, 12 Bit image
    Optics: Sensitivity:F2.0, relative illumination @ full field 74% Effective focal length:4.5mm
    Audio: Mic type:Monaural Omni directional cable-mounted, -40dB sensitivity at 1kHz Resolution:16-bit half duplex Sampling rate:32kHz SNR:80dB Speaker:Monaural 8ohm mylar, 0.7W Max
    Input/Output: Recording capacity:Includes 1GB SD card, 2GB SD card capability I/O Ports:SD card slot, USB 2.0 high speed (Mini -B), Mic-In, NTSC/PAL Analog TV/Audio Out

The camera head I currently use is not as robust as this but turns out great video when the lighting is good, this one should have a better range. How the MPEG4 compression holds up will be the issue i think.
    Last edited by 7CS; 08-17-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: .