Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Berg.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

2. Collapse Details
    Wilmywood: "Where the Carolina Moon Meets the Hollywood Stars!" ™ (NC baby)
    OK, is it just me or do rules seem to bother people. I just read one post after another for the last 5 or 6 pages where everyone is asking to break the rules. I agree with Barry about the rules...even if my opinion means nothing.

The filmmakers seem to miss the fact that they had weeks to work on their project and weeks to read the rules. I am amazed at how many ask to have the rules altered for them. I am amazed anyone would write a long script for a 6 minute film and then claim to not understand why that won't work!

I know I can't do what you all do....so I don't even try. I just figure those who can do it should put in the real effort or not bother or let it screen without being qualified so you can promote it and then prepare better next time!

And really read the rules...that IS why they get posted.
    Sincerely,
    Flora Barren (A Little Mouth to Feed)
    aka Michele Seidman
    imdb / 800Casting / Actors Access / Michele and the Midnight Blues

3. Collapse Details
    Rules Are Rules!
    I AGREE! RULES ARE RULES!

Our profession depends on being able to follow directions and rules.
    If you have 30 minutes of air time, you can't try to sneak a 35 minute movie in.

If a Studio requires a 90 minute movie, they don't mean 120 minutes.

6 - 1 = 5. It's simple Simple math.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele Seidman View Post
    OK, is it just me or do rules seem to bother people. I just read one post after another for the last 5 or 6 pages where everyone is asking to break the rules. I agree with Barry about the rules...even if my opinion means nothing.

The filmmakers seem to miss the fact that they had weeks to work on their project and weeks to read the rules. I am amazed at how many ask to have the rules altered for them. I am amazed anyone would write a long script for a 6 minute film and then claim to not understand why that won't work!

I know I can't do what you all do....so I don't even try. I just figure those who can do it should put in the real effort or not bother or let it screen without being qualified so you can promote it and then prepare better next time!

And really read the rules...that IS why they get posted.

4. Collapse Details
    Yes....exactly! Simple math!!! love that ya said that Berg!
    Sincerely,
    aka Michele Seidman

5. Collapse Details
    Funny thing is, it's that runtime rule that kept Michele's fantastic starring role in our film from being in competition... we ended up running way over time!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    Funny thing is, it's that runtime rule that kept Michele's fantastic starring role in our film from being in competition... we ended up running way over time!
    shup....lol....awww you say the nicest things but I feel bad we went over time....but heck...at least it is getting seen and dag nab it...i will pay to enter it in cucalorus for next year!!

I think Macs camera work is incredible...Jack gave us such a wonderful script and then in editing and post he made weak points look strong! You and David did such a great job putting it together and the sets...and Shaun deserves the credit....I giggled when I saw that! He really does deserve it...

I cannot thank you guys enough for casting me to play that part. Now when I have make up on and hair spray everyone will think I got plastic surgery or something...ha ha ha

Still getting used to the idea of trying hard to look bad for a film....but it was so worth it.
    Sincerely,
    aka Michele Seidman

7. Collapse Details
    To Jack, Barry, David, Shaun, JR and the rest of the 'Dream Team'

Just a cool bit of information to share. I went downtown Friday night to support some musician buddies and turned out the event was to raise support for this years Cucalorus Film Festival.

I was stopped by one of the long standing members/'programers' who proceeded to tell me she LOVED the entries that got turned in by the Wrightsville Beach Studios folks. She mentioned both 'A Little Mouth to Feed' and 'Unawakening' and proceeded to tell me that she had to do a double take when she figured out I was Flora and went on and on about Shauns incredible acting too.

Turns out she is one of those who gives each project 3 minutes and rates it. In the case of both 'dream team' films she watched them in full and was amazed by the quality. She also told me she gave 'ALMTF' her highest rating.

I don't know when they get done selecting but I would love to think her thoughts reflect those of others at the festival. There is no way of telling of course but it was so nice of her to pull me aside and tell me about it. She even knew I was the shrink...with the wig and low light and all. I was a little amazed by that one myself because so many others missed it.

I took great glee in telling her how Shaun was my 'stand in' giving birth and we both shared a giggle and she went on to chat with others at the music event.

I heard there is another week or two before anyone hears back but I also submitted one of the first music vdeos I have produced and if both of your projects get in and the music video...I will feel better than I have in ages (shoulder surgery and all). Heck, I'll be happy if any of them get in but my secret wish...not a secret now...is that all of them get in to the festival.

I am certain you will hear before I will on the 2 films, so keep me posted when you find out something. I was just tickled pink to be pulled aside and told how much she loved the work we all did together. You know I sang all of your praises as I am prone to do but honestly...I am still a bit amazed by those projects and it is almost a year since we shot them!

All my best gang...

Michele Seidman

PS...Jack...clips for reel, pretty please! ;) wink wink nudge nudge
    Last edited by Michele Seidman; 09-14-2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: to add post script
    Sincerely,
    aka Michele Seidman

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819