Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Takeshi View Post
    Hey Ted, I think I PMed you a while ago to see how you were doing. Glad to see you are alive, laptopless but alive. Hey Jimbo, I'm heading out to Boston on the 6th for a shoot. Will let you know the details if it goes through. Maybe I can get another camera on the gig.
    Hey there, Aram! I believe that I got that PM while I was away or just before I left... either way, too crazy to reply at that time. Sorry about that. But yeah, I am alive and well.

What is with the name? Gotta be a story behind that!

As for the 6th, I would love to come down even just to see you and be some support. Let me know the details as they unfold.

I am actually going to be heading down your way soon. I am working a tradeshow for a friend of mine. Basically, traveling a week at a time from town to town in a certain region. Sunday I leave for Boston on a Monday gig, then leave Monday for a Tuesday gig on Long Island, then New Jersey on Wed, Philly on Thur, Baltimore on Friday then drive home. I am looking forward to it. Should be fun. I always love driving and traveling. (Funny though... I JUSTdrove to Baltimore and back for the Red Sox series. Thankfully I went to the game that they actually won!)

Other tradeshow weeks cover the Southeast and the midwest.

Keep me posted about the 6th!

JIM, I just got your phone message! I'll give you a buzz tomorrow as I travel to Rhode Island. (I have no idea why I can't get your call when you actually call!)

Norm, thanks for the link! I am going to have to check them out later as this PC I am on is out of harddrive space! I keep getting the low disk space message. All of my external harddrives are formatted for Mac. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the capability to download and watch!

2. Collapse Details
    Look at the avatar and you will see. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=58329&page=5

Definitely stop on by in your travels. If not, hopefully we will see you on the 6th.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

3. Collapse Details
    Ted, sorry to hear about your PC troubles. I'm a PC guy myself, but all the crap you're dealing with makes ME want to switch to a Mac, lol.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore J Arabian View Post

I am actually going to be heading down your way soon. I am working a tradeshow for a friend of mine. Basically, traveling a week at a time from town to town in a certain region. Sunday I leave for Boston on a Monday gig, then leave Monday for a Tuesday gig on Long Island, then New Jersey on Wed, Philly on Thur, Baltimore on Friday then drive home. I am looking forward to it. Should be fun. I always love driving and traveling. (Funny though... I JUSTdrove to Baltimore and back for the Red Sox series. Thankfully I went to the game that they actually won!)

Other tradeshow weeks cover the Southeast and the midwest.
    No flies on you, Sunday or Monday night maybe we can grab dinner.

5. Collapse Details
    Wow, I got over 1000 posts. I guess I need to make a video.

6. Collapse Details
    Glad you're back Ted! You've had quite a summer so far. It's a massive bummer to lose your computer and all those photos. I had a similar thing happen recently with just a camera and therefore lost a few hundred photos... it still leaves a pit in my stomach so I can only imagine how you're feeling.

All we can do is try to stay positive and keep moving forward. I hope you get a sweet deal on that macbook pro!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Takeshi View Post
    Look at the avatar and you will see. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=58329&page=5

Definitely stop on by in your travels. If not, hopefully we will see you on the 6th.
    When most people are trying to switch to their real names, you go out and make a political message! Is this going to be a permenant name for you?

As for stopping on by... If I can swing it! This is the first time that I will be doing this type of thing. The guy hiring me says that when the job is done for the day, the day is mine. We'll see how that works out!

I am thinking that with all of the cities that I will be in over the next year, I could meet many, many of the dvxusers here on the boards! That would be pretty cool.

Hey, Aram, send me your cell phone number to my email address... if I can swing on by, I'll give you a buzz.

ted@tedarabian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Sanders View Post
    Ted, sorry to hear about your PC troubles. I'm a PC guy myself, but all the crap you're dealing with makes ME want to switch to a Mac, lol.
    Thanks Norm! My PC has just been collecting dust ever since I got my Mac... you know how it is. Nothing is up to date on it.

But if you like your PC, don't ever get the hang of Mac... You'll never go back! (as they say! )

Quote Originally Posted by bosindy View Post
    No flies on you, Sunday or Monday night maybe we can grab dinner.
    My wife is joining me on Sunday in Boston and Monday we drive to Long Island. I don't think you want to meet down there!

When I get back from this week-long trip, we'll get together. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by bosindy View Post
    Wow, I got over 1000 posts. I guess I need to make a video.
    Cool! If you can wait until I get back, I'll come down and assist you. (Kinda make up for the fact that I never made a video for any of my post counts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff_R View Post
    Glad you're back Ted! You've had quite a summer so far. It's a massive bummer to lose your computer and all those photos. I had a similar thing happen recently with just a camera and therefore lost a few hundred photos... it still leaves a pit in my stomach so I can only imagine how you're feeling.

All we can do is try to stay positive and keep moving forward. I hope you get a sweet deal on that macbook pro!
    Thanks Geoff! I appreciate it. And yes, it totally sounds like you can relate. Just reading your post put that pit back in my stomach all over again. The good news is that the pit "washes" away a lot quicker now than it did before.

How is LA? Things going well for you there? I thought of you as my wife and I drove past the Windy City! (Wow! What a traffic nightmare that place is!!!)

As for the MCP, I am very excited to go check this out. (Actually, I have to get off this computer and get out the door to meet him!) This guy seling it is a Mac consultant and repair-tech and seems to have really taken care of his laptop. It's only 6 months old, but he had several things done to it by Apple. He says he has to sell it because he needs the cash to assist in a move from RI to MA.

Always makes me curious when someone sells something that they love but that is why I am going to check it out! Plus the thing is LOADED with programs (for my evaluation! ;) ) When I bought my powerbook, it came from an Apple Tech and it too was loaded with programs. One of the biggest bummers (besides the personal info) was losing all of those handy dandy programs!

Okay.... in the shower and off to Rhode Island.

Aram, send me an email with your phone number!

-Ted

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234