Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    My thread that has nothing to do with ADFEST but this is where my friends are!!!
    Hello Everyone,

Well.... what a long strange trip it's been!

First of all, congratulations to all of the people that contributed to ADFEST. (I am so bummed that I missed it.) And a special congrats to the winners! (yeah, yeah... you're all winners but to the people that actual were voted #1, #2 and #3... Congrats!)

A lot has happened since I last wrote here....

My wife and I drove across the country and back (8,000 miles!)

I finally got to meet fellow dvxers: Norm Sanders, Ryan Walters and Rebecca Dunn. (As a bonus, I met shawneous and downtownbrown!) What a great group of people they are. I had a great time visiting them and even visited two of Norm's spec shoots. (both of these shoots featured Ryan as DP and Rebecca as a hottie... so I basically got to hang out with them for about 3 days!) And if you ever go up there to visit, make sure that you get a visit to Cactus Ya Ya's and try one of Norm's famous drinks... the Catagory 5!

My wife and I had many other wonderful elements to our vacation, like hiking, biking, swimming and sitting in the hot springs at Mount Olympus National Park. Great RV adventures through the Black Hills and Bad Lands of South Dakota. An all around great trip!

EXCEPT FOR ONE INCIDENT THAT WAS A TOTAL BUMMER... someone broke into our motorhome and stole our Powerbooks. And though I back-up my powerbook, they stole my harddrive! It totally sucked (as you can imagine!) Not just losing these very expensive computers but all of the info. Many, many photos (about 5,000). Photos of Norm, Rebecca and Ryan (though I do have some that were on my camera at the time of the theft... will post at some time). Photos of the trip, including some spectacular sunsets, views of the Cascades, Buffalo, Antelope, Elk and even a Bald Eagle that was less than 20' away from me! I even lost a photo that I took for Brandon Rice in Sioux Falls, SD. It was a street sign for Rice Street and a place called Brandon.

Oh, well. It has taken several weeks and nights and beers and shot to get over this. I wanted to drop in on dvxuser as soon as I got back but the unbearable feeling of violation kept me hidden. (That and the fact that I have to write on a PC!!!)

I did try to watch ADFEST but this crappy computer that I am on won't even play the videos correctly! Everything is choppy and stutters! I have been very bummed!

On the brighter side, I have been doing several Hillary and Obama gigs and making some money. And tomorrow, I drive to Providence, RI to look at a Macbook Pro that I found on craigslist. Hopefully, by tomorrow, I'll be viewing and typing away!

It was been a difficult but a wonderful month. My wife and I had a great time traveling. I only wish that the butthole who threw a rock into my window and stole our computers had dropped dead that morning before screwing up my wonderful get-away. Oh well... can't dwell on that.

I am just glad to be finally over this, with a new mac on the horizon, and dvxuser on my screen.

I've missed you guys! So sorry I missed out on ADFEST. I can't wait to watch them!

-Ted
    Last edited by Ted Arabian; 08-15-2007 at 02:28 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Welcome back, Ted! Sounds like quite the adventure.

3. Collapse Details
    Welcome back Ted, you have been missed.

sorry to hear about the computers man. some people don't belong in the human race.
    Anyway, lets get together soon and shoot something.
    Last edited by bosindy; 08-15-2007 at 10:57 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Welcome back (to the boards, since you've now left us :sad! It was great being able to meet you & your wonderful bride, and hope the trip back was as good as on the way out!

Forget the Cat 5's, Ted finally got to try the ribs!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

5. Collapse Details
    Man sorry to hear about the theft Ted.

Sounds like a great trip otherwise...welcome back to the boards and hope you're ready for the imminent (I hope) announcement of the next fest!

-Jaime

6. Collapse Details
    Hey guys, thanks for the "welcome home!" I sure have missed this place.

John, your adfest entry was the first I downloaded. I can't wait to watch it as it is supposed to be! (Unless you purposefully presented something that was full of stuck frames and such!)

Jim, that totally sucks about your car! Man... there are som a-holes out there! As for shooting together... I am ready!

Norm, you're ribs are worth a trip back to the Pacific Northwest! I look forward to returning. And I thoroughly enjoyed watching you shoot. How did your work turn out? I have to go check it out.

Jaime, I am anxiously awaiting the announcement!

Thanks again for the "welcome!"

-Ted

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore J Arabian View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the "welcome home!" I sure have missed this place.

John, your adfest entry was the first I downloaded. I can't wait to watch it as it is supposed to be! (Unless you purposefully presented something that was full of stuck frames and such!)
    Thanks, Ted! Although, mine's the first one on the list, so my head won't get TOO big.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cinealma View Post
    Thanks, Ted! Although, mine's the first one on the list, so my head won't get TOO big.
    I didn't even notice that (to be honest)... I am a fan of your work and wanted to give you first honors.

9. Collapse Details
    haha! Jim, I just checked out your Heinz 57 commercial! Good for you! I got anxious to do one myself after watching Norm work on his... but my heart hasn't been into anything creative lately. I hope to turn that around.

Speaking of Heinz 57... Norm, send me a link to yours!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore J Arabian View Post
    haha! Jim, I just checked out your Heinz 57 commercial! Good for you! I got anxious to do one myself after watching Norm work on his... but my heart hasn't been into anything creative lately. I hope to turn that around.

Speaking of Heinz 57... Norm, send me a link to yours!
    Thanks Ted, you can also see a band Aram and I shot on my youtube channel. It was a blast and we could have used ya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast