Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Sony has a suggestions entry page at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/support/productsuggestion.asp.

But the problem isn't that they're not aware of the concerns.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

2. Collapse Details
    ...they just want you to have everything Sony...so they restrict you like woah.

3. Collapse Details
    I've been with vegas for a few years now and am also having the same thoughts. I love the NLE but am certainly tempted by FCP's seemingly better codecs. Am I right to think this?

4. Collapse Details
    Not yet. If Sony finally does lock everything out except Sony products, then maybe, but as of now, I still think Vegas, especially using Raylight, handles various types of footage better.

The reason for this is that Vegas's timeline is truly format-agnostic; you can drop (almost) anything on it and Vegas will play it in its native codec without having to re-render it to fit the timeline.

FCP 6 has improved FCP's ability to do this -- you don't need to wait to convert your footage to the timeline's properties -- but instead of playing the footage natively, it does a realtime, on-the-fly conversion as it plays back. How well this works is entirely dependent on the strength of your hardware.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

5. Collapse Details
    I hope Vegas 8 doesn't hate Vista as much as i do.
    www.elmatadorfilms.com

"There's a lot to be said for making people laugh. Did you know that's all some people have? It isn't much, but it's better than nothing in this cockeyed caravan."

6. Collapse Details
    from https://cc.its.maine.edu/~maine/cart/look.php?item_id=4053463

Now includes: Interactive Tutorials: Show Me How tutorials that provide walk-through demos of common features and functions- all while you re working in your project. ProType Titler: Huge enhancement to our titling capabilities. You can create custom titles, animated texts, unique credit rolls and much, much more. New Mixing Console: You asked - we delivered. The new mixing console utilizes a traditional mixing board set up to allow users to visually see all audio signals in a particular project. Multi-Cam Workflow: Film your productions with multiple cameras and edit them quickly and easily as you watch each shot during the editing process up to 32 different video sources.
    Last edited by AdvanTech; 08-27-2007 at 12:50 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Shallow Member William_Robinette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvanTech View Post
    from https://cc.its.maine.edu/~maine/cart...em_id=4053463:
    The new mixing console utilizes a traditional mixing board set up to allow users to visually see all audio signals in a particular project.
    That will be most welcome!

8. Collapse Details
    Link doesn't work...

Ok, figured it out...just drop the colon at the end...
    Last edited by JRAnderson; 08-25-2007 at 05:25 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    I've been beta testing Vegas 8 for the past x weeks (I forget ) and while I can't talk about the specifics I think you'll all be quite pleasantly surprised.

To me it's a much more significant upgrade from 7 to 8 than from 6 to 7

Cheers

Brian
    ===========
    Brian Valente
    Redrock Micro
    www.redrockmicro.com

10. Collapse Details
    DVCPRO HD, 720/24PN mode
    I'm an HVX200 user. If Sony rolls out support for the 720/24PN mode, I'll be happy. I understand that Raylight takes care of this problem, but if I don't have to spend the extra cash for Raylight, that would be nice.

I've been editing a feature on Avid Xpress, and it's just not as intuitive as Vegas, especially on the audio side.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234