Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I don't mean to rant either.

It's like, a separation anxiety. Don't take my Vegas away from me!

2. Collapse Details
    Vegas is alot easier to use..I just don't like the fact they make it practically impossible for people to edit footage...their stupid specifications.

...I mean I love Vegas..but I hate the restrictions.....Sonic Foundry should have never sold it...it would be the next FCP if Sony didn't own it and restrict it like woah.

3. Collapse Details
    Vegas is alot easier to use..I just don't like the fact they make it practically impossible for people to edit footage...their stupid specifications.
    What do you mean? Any examples?
    "You'd better cure all those personal problems that might be holding back something you want to say." -John Cassavetes

4. Collapse Details
    what i've had trouble with is capturing from a VCR or a DVD player with Vegas, it just doesn't work. Running it through a camera, to the PC, I get a timecode error with the VCR, and feedback with the DVD player. Try through my video card and the VCR works ok, but the DVD drops frames. Have to use Ulead, with that it works. Only time I ever touch ulead...Fortunately I don't need to capture VHS or DVD material on a regular basis.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bballplaya283 View Post
    What do you mean? Any examples?

Well for one...I can't import files that have H.264 encoding on it..I get errors and it doesnt import...I cant import certain MPEG-2 files if I download them from somewhere because there's a plugin or something like that I need to get and pay for to import them.

I also can't import AC-3 audio lets say if someone mixed a surround project and wanted to send it to me already mixed in the AC-3 codec...I can't import it...even if I set my project audio settings to surround sound. But that might have more specifics as to why it doesn't work.maybe because of different programs or whatever. But if I rendered out AC-3 audio from Vegas directly and needed to import it back in, it says it can't and shuts down Vegas.

6. Collapse Details
    Well, to be fair, on the AC-3 thing, it's a licensing issue. No other NLE can do it, either.

As for other codecs, yes, Sony is pretty much locking it up in Sony tower.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

7. Collapse Details
    will you be bale to do a 24 pulldown in vegas 8 on the canon hv20 you think daivd ????????????

8. Collapse Details
    Vegas already supports 24p pulldown removal...automatically. It should tell you in the Clip Properties when you right click on it on the timeline.

9. Collapse Details
    Doesn't work with the HV20's material.

Mark, don't bet on it.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

10. Collapse Details
    How can we help shape things in Vegas
    I'm only new to Vegas, I bought it for its cost performance ratio, I also had the videoguys offer with 3 training DVDs and SoundForge 8.0 for like $700 Aust. Nothing can touch that!
    But like you, one wants to see a good product only get better and have a long life ahead of it. Maybe the dice have already been rolled and Vegas 8.0 is already in alpha or gold stage. If thats so, then surely extra codec/camera support is just a patch issue?
    Can we as the professional community which this product should be catering to start a web petition or something to get these different sore points fixed?
    Otherwise as the saying goes, if a tree falls in the forrest, and you didn't hear it or see it, did it ever fall?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast