Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    DON'T BUY from Pacific Coast Lighting Systems
    DON'T BUY from Pacific Coast Lighting Systems. It has been 3.5 weeks since I ordered the 5760 Watt daylight fluorescent lighting kit and still DON'T HAVE all the components!!!

The guy there who answers the phones, Mark, is dishonest and makes general statements like oh the lights will come this day or the lights will come that day ... He gave me the run around for 2 weeks until he finally confessed that he was out of stock and that he had just received them and would send them to me !!!!

I should have researched them more thoroughly before I bought. I really regret buying there ...

Also some of the bulbs where damaged during the transport and they still have not been replaced!!!!

Please see this thread for more details.

----------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE 1 (08/13/2007): I received a phone call from Mark several days ago in which he sincerely apologized for all the problems my order had and he offered me to replace the entire lighting kid with a never version they will have out soon. I was very happy about this call and I'm waiting for the new merchandise to arrive so that the exchange can take place. We'll see what happens ...

----------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE 2 (12/17/2007): The entire lighting kit has been replaced with a new, better quality one a while ago and I am now 100% happy with this order.
    Last edited by tkarade; 12-17-2007 at 12:39 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    This has been discussed a lot around here. I really wish we could just put a sticky on that so people don't bump their head on this guy. He's really bad news.
    Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - Site Sponsor
    Epic X #2392 - Skype "coolvideolights"

3. Collapse Details
    If you are looking for lights available from PC Lighting, you are much better off going with http://www.rostronics.com/

He is very prompt with emailing, and does not lie about when he ships. I got all my stuff on time for some shoots i wouldnt have been able to do without. Shipping and prices are very fair and hes a very cool dude!
    Nic Aragon
    HD Films, Inc.
    http://www.EverCracked.com
    twitter.com/nicaragon

4. Collapse Details
    As long as everyone understands its all britek stuff from all these people like this...

5. Collapse Details
    I bought mine from Steve Kaeser from his ebay store and I love them. He always ships right away and the quality is fine.

6. Collapse Details
    I agree with everybody. I should have read the other thread more carefully before buying. That's why I specifically created this thread. I suspect Pacific Coast Lighting Systems is a one man company. Unfortunately for us it's one BAD business man.

Also, I don't mind shipping delays due to circumstances that are more or less outside of the control of a company and the simple truth would have been good enough and I could have waited. The lying and lack or respect for the customer is what really got to me. I will definitely report them to the Better Business Bureau.

7. Collapse Details
    Turns out there are already complaints against this company at the Better Business Bureau. I'm not surprised. This one sums it up beautifully:

"Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff".

And guess what: Employees: 1

But see for yourself:
    http://www.wisconsin.bbb.org/commonr...l?bid=44148812

8. Collapse Details
    What a strange name for a company based in Wisconsin...

9. Collapse Details
    I have purchased one kit from PC. It was shipped out on time and it was all there. I spoke with Mark on the phone twice, and he was professional each time.

I'm surprized.

10. Collapse Details
    Well you were lucky then. I'm sure they don't mess up every single order. But they sure f'ed up mine and they must have done it with enough people to have BBB complaints. I guess the moral of the story is, expect problems and act quickly if you have them (like a charge back on your credit card) and be happy if you have not issues (and pray that you will never have any). I'm definitely doing a charge back. My order was placed July 2nd and I still don't have everything ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast