native 24p
    1080/720 switchable
    1080 at 60i,50i,30p,25p,24p
    720 at 60p, 50p
    2hrs with 2x 16gig express card
    mpeg GOP (mpeg HD codec)
    built in HD-SDI

http://wm.vitalstreamcdn.com/sony_vi...m/xdcamDVD.wmv
    Last edited by LuckyStudio 13; 07-19-2007 at 10:12 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    also, fully manual fujinon lens.

can't wait till this camera comes out.

hvx200, you had a nice run.

3. Collapse Details
    Are you talking about the pmw-EX1?
    I have just seen it advertised on a uk website as coming soon.

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/publi...r=sony_pmw-ex1

Did anyone see it at NAB2007? Creative say it was displayed there. I bet those 3 1/2" CCD's let in a hell of a lot more light !? Has anyone seen it, held it, tried it or seen any footage taken with it?
    Creative also claim that it will be available around October, November in their store. Is it already on sale in the US or anywhere else in the world?

4. Collapse Details
    O.k. no need to answer that last question. I did what I should have done in the first place! Go to Sony's site!! Should be released "Oct 2007."

5. Collapse Details
    The Tapeless One LuckyStudio 13's Avatar
    This cam and its full specs, should be announced in the next few weeks at IBC, Amsterdam, so stay tuned.

6. Collapse Details
    Where on Sony site that says this camera will be released in Oct 2007? I'm trying to find info on the release date of this camera.

7. Collapse Details
    www.sonybiz.net/xdcamex

I cant seem to find the site in the US where I saw the Oct 2007 release.
    The above site is UK, their date is for November

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks! I tried to look for it in the US but so far I couldn't find any information. However, I'm a little disapointed that the camera does not have interchangeble lense capability.

9. Collapse Details
    The Tapeless One LuckyStudio 13's Avatar
    taken from freshdv

The long-awaited Sony XDCAM EX officially launches on Thursday the 6th at IBC in Amsterdam, and we’ll (hopefully) get a closer look at some real, detailed specs. In the meantime, here are the details we’ve been able to glean on this very interesting camcorder. A little bird told us… *The official model designation of the XDCAM EX is “PMW-EX1″. In the past few months I’ve noted several instances in which Sony has used the phrase “EX series”. To me that is a clear indication that other models will follow. So perhaps we’ll see a feature-limited CMW-EX1 in the near future.
    *The camcorder will feature three 1/2″ progressive chips, possibly CMOS since they have been noted as “new” and “low-power”. No specifics on whether or not they’ll be full native 19201080, or 14401080 like the XDCAM HD 1/2″ series of shoulder mount cameras. My guess is the latter, Sony traditionally seems to be very protective of “pro” series cameras, and probably wouldn’t risk undermining the XDCAM HD shoulder-mount series by putting too many gizmo’s in this offering. If the XDCAM EX does drop with full raster chips, that might pose a problem for NLE software. Does Final Cut Pro and the like even support XDCAM HD media at 19201080? Though I suppose in FCP you could just drop the clips into a timeline with ProRes 422 as the render codec. The other question about the chips…if they are in fact CMOS, will they feature a global (non-rolling) shutter design?
    *The camcorder records to solid-state ExpressCard media, currently available in 8, 16, and 32GB capacities. It has two slots. At full HQ (35Mbps, VBR) you’ll get 2.5 minutes per gigabyte. At 25Mbps CBR, expect to fit 3.5 minutes per GB. So two 16GB cards will net you 90 min @ 35Mbps variable, and 115 min @ 25Mbps constant bitrate. Double that for 32GB cards, rinse, repeat.

*Has overcrank and undercrank functions. A Sony Japan rep was quoted at NAB Expo saying “all frame rates from 1fps to 60fps” would be supported. Can playback everything on cam at will. 23.98fps (24p), 1080 switchable, 60i, 60p, 50i, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p. However, it can only do 720 lines at 50p and 60p. This might be because of imager heat issues, who knows…
    *The camera features a 14x non-servo lens by Fujinon with a fully manual iris ring and a REAL repeatable focus ring with infinity and macro stops. The lens barrel is equipped to accept standard follow focus units, stock. Handy.
    *The EX will weigh about 2.2 kg. The Sony HVR-Z1U weighs 2.1 kg (4 lbs 10 oz), so that should give you a pretty good idea of it’s size. Quite manageable at under 5 pounds.
    *Each of the two XLR mic inputs can utilize phantom power (selectable line/mic/mic +48V).
    *Features a HD-SDI output port in pictures. Hope that option is still there. Does not appear to have any other A/V outputs or a LANC jack on prototype images I have seen. Surely those are options that will be on the production model!
    *Finally, a (unsubstantiated) rumor post over at the DVinfo Area 51 forum mentioned that a “source” stated the camcorder’s debut price will be $6000. This would be welcome news, as most estimates point towards a $8K MSRP. At $6K, it really stacks up well against the HVX200.

10. Collapse Details
    Link
    Juan Martinez of Sony Electronics has also left a few comments about the XDCAM EX
    http://www.freshdv.com/2007/08/sony-...nch-specs.html

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast