1. Collapse Details
    Need HELP RIGHT NOW (exporting)
    I have a deadline for a video, which is RIGHT NOW, and I need to export something quick.

I tried h.24... (sp?) and it is WAY too slow -- I want to use Microsoft DV AVI or DV.

The problem is, when I export them that way, although it is very fast, it wastes a lot of space, and also the video is compeletly unwatchable -- it is extreemly jittery. Something wrong with compression possibly.

Can someone help? Am I using wrong codec/compressor? How can I export ASAP, faster export time, SMALL compressed file, and make it work?

The AVI DV gives me video that is extremly jittery. Am I using wrong codec ?

(I'm using Adobe Premier 1.5)
    Make the switch and make a difference

2. Collapse Details
    Shallow Member William_Robinette's Avatar
    Generic (I don't use Premiere)

Make sure your output settings match your time line settings with regards to frame rate and I or P. If your footage was AVI before editing AVI will be your best, quickest option.

Fast renders and small files don't go together. If you need it for the web or similar then you need to be prepared to wait awhile.

3. Collapse Details
    I shot at 24pa with DVX, edited on 24p timeline, and I try to export as 24p as well. Is this wrong? Is there some kind of Pulldown I need to do?

The footage i believe is originally AVI (sstraight from DVX). I try to output as Microsoft AVI, but there is no Generic codec or anythinglike that. all i get is Extremely jittery footage
    Make the switch and make a difference

4. Collapse Details
    wierd... when i used 1.5 i would just export into anything and it work fine. Never was jittery never had to play with pulldown or anything.

5. Collapse Details
    Quicktime format with H.264 codec, what i use in CS3 version.
    But since you didn't find that to be good, try this one, really good. MPEG-2!!! Very nice!

But don't forget to get the right settings for your video. resolution, bitrate, ntsc/pal? etc.
    VFX Artist, PM me and i will do the VFX for your film.
    YouTube Channel: Astral Studios

6. Collapse Details
    Don't out at DV, it will be mushy and low-res looking and your colors will wash out.

Try exporting as an uncompressed file and then use a project with just that uncompressed footage in a timeline to compress your final file so you don't have to re render over and over.