Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Well, somehow, even though the damn thing was done a week ago, it still came down the wire getting it uploaded. I'm not really sure how, but it just goes to show: there's always a last minute snag. It's 100% done and delivered now, though! Looking forward to seeing what everyone has cooked up!

2. Collapse Details
    just watched your entry. I must say it was stunning, plus it involved zombies so it gets an automatic thumbs up. Excellent cg work/locations.

3. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Paced like an ad, loooks like an ad, must be an ad.

Thumbs up. Number one on my list.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

4. Collapse Details
    Your entry was the first I went to check out, and it set a standard! The visuals were absolutely excellent. Not just the composition of the shots, but also the details -- the makeup -- the color tone -- the choice to make the area under the bridge almost like a dreamy safe haven. It's a nice, simple idea very well-executed.

I think there's a real energy to it. So part of me would like to see a more dramatic, orchestral or beat-oriented score for the hectic bits -- something a bit more cinematic. I do like the minimalism of the music under the bridge, though.

Would you mind telling me what camera was used?

Nice job!

5. Collapse Details
    This is really outstanding work. Well written, good production value, and clever use of the brand. The timing is exquisite and it's a joy seeing someone who understands the "beats" in a 30 second spot. Congrats to you, and your excellent cast and crew--the creativity and hard work really show.

6. Collapse Details
    Ditto.

What Barry_S just said about the beats, was so dead on... You nailed the beats. This is a commercial for a product if I ever saw one.

Very nice work. Best all around complete package. Haven't picked any winners yet. Viewed them all twice so far, and your's is definitely in my list of 5 that stood out to me so far.

The only thing I would say is that you had a bit of a consistency problem revolving around the burning car. You see it off behind in the distance, and then you see it closer two times after that. The only reason I noticed it is b/c your effects were subtle and I wanted to go back and have a closer look at the burning car.

Thanks for sharing.
    Jason

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

7. Collapse Details
    Wow, this was pretty darn impressive. Nice pacing indeed. The cinematography and the script are outstanding. I thought the music wasn't as strong as the ad though. It would be cool if it was kept to minimum and we just heard the heavy panting and the footsteps.

8. Collapse Details
    Definitely #1 on my list so far! Fabulous piece of work!

I loved the shot selection, I just wish you would have romanced the product a little more, maybe an ECU on the bottle as the man is drinking? Just nit-picking, but overall, a fantastic piece!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

9. Collapse Details
    So you forklifted in a vending machine?!

10. Collapse Details
    Oh my goodness ... granted, only the third I've watched so far, but WOWZA!!! Opened with incredible production value, and it stayed that way all the way through. GREAT use of the logo/branding, and as a consumer? ... you SOOOO made me want a drink of what that guy had.

In a dry, airid climate, you made me thirsty (okay, I actually am, sitting here in my over heated office), and that drink looks soo incredibly lush & inviting. Crisp, cool, and clean ... just what you need for 2nd wind to keep running from a flesh hungry horde.

I at first wondered if you were just using a clip from Zombie Fest, then I saw the machine.

Seriously, nice ... VERY nice work!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast