Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    Without understanding the NLE you cut on (I cut with Sony's Vegas), that portal issue could easily have been shortened (the dolly shot), by simply adding a velocity envelope and/or speeding up the footage some. I'm guessing you could have sped it up as much as 15-20% without too much noticeable difference, and or REALLY cranked it up for a second or so, then SLAMMING to slower motion. That way, you're exageratting the effect, but stylizing it so it still looks cool & saves some time as well (i.e. a second).
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    Norm -- Yeah, you know, you might be right about that! I had briefly considered speeding it up, but then I quickly thought "I can't really do that because the guy on the other side of the portal would be walking too quickly and it would look silly." But then you mentioned doing it in a sort of stylized fashion and that may have worked if handled properly. One of the disadvantages of working alone is the lack of input and discussion. I need to learn to experiment more and not just stick to the "original idea."

3. Collapse Details
    Hindsight; it's always 20/20. You'll forever learn what you could have done differently, wished you had, and then apply it to the next project.

That's one of the coolest things about all of this ... continually improving.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456