Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    yea I paid $5,034 with the discount ( I still think I paid too much :P )

and I had it shipped out of state so I didnt pay any sales tax : )

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puredrifting View Post
    Ditto Hotchkiss. I picked mine up from Jerrod about two weeks ago. Love it!

D
    Ain't it sweet? And I thought the DVX was amazing ...

3. Collapse Details
    Great feedback guys!
    Thanks everyone for chimeing in this. I will check with all of the dealers you guys have mentioned.

I will keep you all posted with status!

I am in southern New Jersey (15 minutes from Philadelphia) so it would be great to find an authorized Panny dealer close to me.

Ed

4. Collapse Details
    Videoscope USA, in miami, Ruben salesperson. www.videoscopeusa.com

5. Collapse Details
    While shopping, be aware of this offer:
    Panasonic FREE GOODS Promotion! FREE Battery, Software & Book + DVD! Over $700 Value! Purchase a new Panasonic AG-HVX200 DVCPRO HD camera from us by June 30, 2007 and receive a FREE Anton/Bauer ElipZ 10K battery, charger, and cable adapter; FREE copies of Red Giant Software's Magic Bullet Colorista and Instant HD software; and a FREE copy of The HVX Book + DVD by Barry Green!
    This offer is only available from authorized dealers (like us!). The free items will be sent to you after you fill out a rebate form on the Panasonic web site. See the bottom of this page for the link to Panasonic's web site.

Here's the link for that page:
    http://www.ggvideo.com/pan_aghvx200.php

Above was copied from the G&G video site). I bought mine before this offer was made, so I didn't get the extras, but you may find them worthwhile.

Also, because I'm a registered NJ business and have a fed tax ID, I paid no sales tax.

Good luck.

x
    "If ya' don't know...ask!"

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Masta T View Post
    yea I paid $5,034 with the discount ( I still think I paid too much :P )

and I had it shipped out of state so I didnt pay any sales tax : )

I did the same and it's a nice savings. You probably did pay too much indeed. AVS sold one to a buddy of mine 5 months ago for 4799 and 60 bucks in shipping with no sales tax. I still think that they had the best deal back when the HVX just came out. I bought mine in March of 06 for 5600 which included a 4 gig card.... sweet deal at the time.

Love my HVX. Just wish I hadn't shot recently with the A1.. not because I like the footage more or the camera, I don't. BUT man that camera has an LCD that's 30,0000 times better than the hVX LCD. Our beloved camera has the worst looking LCD on the planet... hence why I'm forced to either use another monitor or the viewfinder... jikes

7. Collapse Details
    We have plenty HVX's in stock as of today, and dvxuser's get free shipping from me
    Shawn Tallard
    Full Compass Systems

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    I did the same and it's a nice savings. You probably did pay too much indeed. AVS sold one to a buddy of mine 5 months ago for 4799 and 60 bucks in shipping with no sales tax. I still think that they had the best deal back when the HVX just came out. I bought mine in March of 06 for 5600 which included a 4 gig card.... sweet deal at the time.

Love my HVX. Just wish I hadn't shot recently with the A1.. not because I like the footage more or the camera, I don't. BUT man that camera has an LCD that's 30,0000 times better than the hVX LCD. Our beloved camera has the worst looking LCD on the planet... hence why I'm forced to either use another monitor or the viewfinder... jikes
    In the UK we get to pay about 4700 (inc. 2 16gb cards) = $9409 approx!! Do u still feel you pay too much?

I've been watching the prices and it makes me feel like buying a grey import from Japan - the warranty is the only thing thats stopping me.

D

9. Collapse Details
    I got my camera from Spec-Comm back in February.
    GREAT customer service, and a good deal too - had a couple of free batteries thrown in.

The people there are great, and very responsive.

As a quick side note - I've recently had an issue with my HVX (NOT spec-comms fault at all by the way).

Being that it's still under warranty, I contacted Panasonic directly.
    When they started dragging their feet a bit, I send a message over to Andrew at Spec-Comm to see if there was anyway they could do anything. He replied immediately, told me he was sorry to hear I was having problems, and assurred me that they could take care of it for me if Panasonic wasn't getting back to me.

I'm giving Panasonic this week to get back to me - and if not, I'll be contacting Spec-Comm again on Monday to get the ball rolling.

Point is - great communication and great service over at Spec Comm.
    I've been nothing but pleased with them so far.

10. Collapse Details
    I put this into the where to buy the HVX sticky too....

I got my HVX200 from Julian Diaz at AVS. He was super helpful and they had one in stock and he is also getting me some 16GB p2 cards later this month.

The HVX was $4810.00 with $30 shipping to GA. It came in 2 days and is an American Warranty one.

They have 16GB cards for $857.00. They have a boatload coming in the end of the month.

AVS also sent me a wireless mic that was a good deal too.

To get the good price tell Julian you are a DVXuser.com member.

I also called Shawn Tallard at fullcompass. He is cool, but they had none in stock and they wanted more $ too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast