Thread: AdFest 2007

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    AdFest 2007

Prologue

You're dreaming. You're dreaming and the phone won't stop ringing. I'm dreaming, you think to yourself, about a phone that won't stop ringing. You blindly feel around for the phone. "This is it, the big one", says the voice on the phone. "Be at the agency at 9:30. The main conference room--no need to bring anything or anyone else from your team." You're wide awake now--there'll be no more dreaming tonight.

As you walk into the conference room, seven sets of eyes swivel in your direction. The meeting has been going on for some time and the creative team looks like trapped animals. All the eyes silently plead the same message--help us. Sheila, the senior creative VP looks like she just finished running the Boston Marathon.

There is a large, very red-faced man at the front of the room. "Thank you for joining us this morning, I want you to watch something and tell me what you think. You watch. A Weimaraner in a chair, behind a desk. It's talking.

"A dog, a talking dog. This ad-buy is going to make or break my company and this is what they come up with. We've already paid the 2.6 mil and I'm not going with a god damn talking dog during the Superbowl.

"Well?"

"I think it's great--but not for Kinetica", you say as you wonder exactly what Kinetica is...a company?...a product...what?

"Sheila tells me you and your team can fix this mess. I'm giving you complete creative control and furthermore I don't want you talking to the creative team because they'll only mess things up again. I want to see the finished spot in 6 weeks and it better be top notch. Hit this one out of the park and you'll join me in my skybox for game. Screw it up and I'm pulling the account from this agency and I'll see that you end up shooting city council meetings in Kansas for the local public access channel for the rest of your miserable life."

Rules

• The festival category is commercial ad
    • All commercial spots must be no longer than 30 seconds. The following format must be followed. 3 seconds of white on black title, fade down to 2 seconds of black, 30 second spot, fade to 2 seconds of black, 8 seconds of credits (which must clearly acknowledge dvxuser.com).
    • All commercials must use the attached brand logo (to be posted) in the body of the commercials. No exceptions. The logo may be used in any form as long as it is clearly visible in the body of the commercial.
    • It's up to the filmmakers to decide what the logo/brand represents. It may be a company or a product.
    • Filmmakers may not reveal what the logo/brand represents in their commercial before the spots are screened. This applies to frame grabs, BTS stills or footage, and posted messages. Filmmakers may post any of the above as long as it doesn't violate this rule.
    • All cameras eligible for prizes.
    • Content must be "R" rated or lower.
    • No copyright violations, you *must* use licensed or royalty-free music
    • All filmmakers agree to grant DVXuser.com and its agents non-exclusive rights for their films to appear on a DVD or for DVXuser-sanctioned public screenings. Deliverables must be formatted as 16:9 or 2:35 anamorphic in the requested file format.
    • Contest open to every country and films may be in any language. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
    • All films must be made between June 12, 2007 and August 1, 2007 and must not have been publicly screened prior to entry. The entry deadline is 12 midnight Pacific Time on August 1, 2007 and no films or revisions to films will be accepted after this date. Entry instructions will be posted closer to the deadline.
    • Films may only be promoted on DVXuser.com before screening and no actual footage from films may be screened prior to the DVXuser screening. No promotion on external web sites is allowed until after the screening has been completed.
    • Films may be entered in other festivals as long as they arenít screened prior to August 1, 2007.
    • Users may enter their film anonymously, but must clear this with me before they post their film thread in the AdFest forum.
    • All films will be prescreened by DVXFest staff for compliance with festival rules.
    • No entry fee
    Last edited by Barry_S; 07-10-2007 at 08:06 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Let the games begin...
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

3. Collapse Details
    WHOOOOHOOOO!!!

Awesome!

Thanks Barry.

4. Collapse Details
    Boo-ya! Sounds like fun!

5. Collapse Details
    ... and it begins..

and go!

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

6. Collapse Details
    The prize is: winner gets to make a national spot for a real product / company called Kinetica? Eh? Eh? Is that it?

7. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    So can these be real products or are we supposed to make up products?
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

8. Collapse Details
    I already have an idea now just need the logo.

9. Collapse Details
    Huh. This ought to be interesting.

At least it won't take 2 days to watch all the entries.
    "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." ~T. Leary

10. Collapse Details
    You're free to use an existing product as long as it's rebranded as Kinetica. For example if the Kinetica is a car, you don;t need to build a new car--but we better not see any other identifying logos.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast