PDA

View Full Version : Note to anyone watching Sleeper

Matt Sconce
06-04-2007, 11:07 AM
UPDATE:

Well, We have been silent for a while recovering from what was a very long and hard time for us. We decided after a lengthy discussion, There was simply no way to accomplish the massive renders we needed to do for Sleeper in the amount of time we had.

We spent so much time focusing on trying to get the renders to work we neglected color correction, other effects, cut away shots....and basically a whole ton more! We decided to do simple VFX shots so they would render quickly and be in the contest. We will be working for the next 4-5 months developing the Master Movie.

Regardless, Mark and I decided that you all have been a part of Sleeper from day one so we felt we needed to post our in progress version of the movie for the competition, and include you in this step as well.

Here is what still needs to be finished:

1. Color Correction

2. All Effects Re rendered extremely high end, and perfectly masked as well.

3. Creature created to replace the place holder paint drawing at end.

4. Rain added to all rain scenes.

5. Rain animated to move off of the bodies of the people and objects inserted into scene.

6. Rain slowed for final effect.

7. All green screens keyed and replaced with environments.

8. 3D Table in vault built with rotating microchip holder, and fold out compartments holding the cash.

9. Cash put in the suitcase.

10. Vault scene finished.

11. Computer screens replaced with high tech stuff. Sound effects added.

12. Transition effect betwen vault close of suitcase and garage close of suitcase.

13. Foreground added to garage (steam from pipes, water droplets)

14. Scene in stairwell added back in, with effects.

15. Crane pull stabilized.

16. Shane jumping from garage behind Paige in alleyway (Right before she looks back)

17. Rain starting in scene by fence.

18. Cutaways added in scene after fence.

19 Lightning in sky before the push to Paige arriving at the fence.

20. Tracking matting and animating a High End Weapon Model. with SFX.

21. Refining throw with high end model.

22. Add weapon cuting through rain Slow Mo.

23. Have sword cut the weapon in half as a piece of it flies over Shane's shoulder leaving trails of smoke and fire.

24. Sync Audio and Music to correct cues.

25. Create shockwave that is shown now by a placeholder.

26. Create credits that compliment the actors crew and the movie itself.

27. bring more highness to girls voice.

28. All lightning and other cutaways completed.

29. Light in tattoo animated.

30. Screen animated to shake with tattoo energy.

31. Rope removed from scenes.

32. Wall added to make the other side of the alleyway.

33. Glowing eyes for person's transition to monster.

34. Ghosting effect for person's tranformation (transparent skin type thingy)

35. Removal of mattress and boots from scene.

36. Adding back the apartment pull out reveal to elevator agt start of film.

37. FINAL CC PASS

38. FINAL AUDIO PASS

These are the things we were trying to get done. I hope you enjoy our work in progress version of Sleeper. The High End version will be shown later when it has been completed.

Watch this rough effects first pass after the movies start showing and let us know what you think? :)

Ted Arabian
06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Best to you guys! Sorry to hear the news but GREAT TO HEAR that you are allowing us to watch it in it's "unfinsihed" state. I know how that must feel.

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Bump

Some people watching Sleeper do not understand it is absolutely unfinished...which is TOTALLY understandable, as we did not make it clear. Hopefully this helps clear things up a little for the people arriving now to the viewing.

Read this first post, and it should show what stage of the game Sleeper is in.

:dankk2:

Mike@AF
06-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Maybe you can get the mods to let you upload a new copy of the film that has a title card inthe beginning that says something like "this film in not yet finished" or something like that. At first I thought you guys just made some major errors, but then I understood when it got to the green screen room.

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Maybe you can get the mods to let you upload a new copy of the film that has a title card inthe beginning that says something like "this film in not yet finished" or something like that. At first I thought you guys just made some major errors, but then I understood when it got to the green screen room.

Oh well, It will all make sense when we upload the finished version in a couple months. We thought about putting a title that said that into the movie, but we ended up not doing it. Thanks flmmkr.:dankk2:

tmnt
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
hey msconce, do you think the mods will let us upload our finished version for the (if there is a) dvd?

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
hey msconce, do you think the mods will let us upload our finished version for the (if there is a) dvd?

I don't know? I would expect so.:thumbup:

Michael Anthony Horrigan
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
You mean all that green screen wasn't just some new wave film look? I feel so cheated!

Next thing you'll be telling me is that those guys pulling the girl back with ropes are going to be edited out in post.

Stop the madness!!:2vrolijk_08:

;)

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
You mean all that green screen wasn't just some new wave film look? I feel so cheated!

Next thing you'll be telling me is that those guys pulling the girl back with ropes are going to be edited out in post.

Stop the madness!!:2vrolijk_08:

;)

Hahaha!!!:beer:

bruiserbox
06-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Why did you submit the film if it's unfinished? Why not just wait till next year or another fest?

Your film's judged against the other finished films. It's fun and exciting to exhibit a work but in a competition you only get one chance. As for the programmer, doesn't anyone watch and prequalify films?

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
We think of DVXuser as a family. To us it about the experience not the winning. We wanted everyone that has had a chance to see where this came from to get a chance to be part of the process. Also, here at dvxuser, we could not submit this film next year for a contest. We are happy we did, as we have had some great responses that help us grow as film makers. :-)