PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Downloading?

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
As we are utilizing a still fairly new distribution system ... and computers will be computers :evil:

If you are having any trouble downloading films, let us know in this thread and we'll get the problem fixed as quickly as possible.

If you are a mirror provider and want your mirror closed for any reason (such as impending bandwidth limits) let us know here too and we'll pull it. Only post your mirror's main domain (e.g. ftp.dvxfest.com) -- no need for the full URL.

Peace,
Larry

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 11:26 AM
There have been a few complaints about some of the films not playing out completely. If this happens please not the film here and then try to redownload it, which will cause the download to come from a different mirror and probably resolve the issue. In the meantime I'll work on getting the problem file replaced.

Thanks for your patience,
Larry

500Cuts
06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey Larry, "Check" is giving me trouble. It only gets a couple hundred K in, then says it's done. Basically, the d/l is conking out right after the file header, but isn't giving any errors.

Thanks,
Co.

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Ok. thanks. I'm going to go through the mirrors and make sure the full film files all got transferred correctly. It'll take a little while to get through them all as we have 8 mirrors. In the meantime, try the link again it will grab it from a different mirror and hopefully work correctly.

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Ok...I got lucky and there were only a couple films that needed to be re-pushed to the mirrors.

All the mirrors should be up to date with the correct films. So if you had a problem with a film, please try re-downloading it.

Thanks for your patience,
Larry

Karl151k
06-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Robin the Spy. Having trouble reaching the last 45 seconds. DLed twice and same problem. Thanks!

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Karl - thanks. Earlier I went through all the mirrors and manully verified the files. Robin The Spy was not fully sync'ed on a couple of the mirrors so I updated it. I just went to each mirror again and verified that the full file is in fact there now.

So, perhaps you got the file before I repaired it. Try downloading it again and see if it works better for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience.

Peace,
Larry

Karl151k
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Works great now. Third time was charm!

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I have tried downloading "Spy who fed me" 3 times and each time the quicktime gets to the first gunshot and freezes my system.

Larry Rutledge
06-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Interesting...I tried downloading twice and both times it didn't lock up, but it did start getting real jittery.

THe original plays fine...so give me a few minutes and I'll push that film out to the mirrors again, perhaps it got corrupted in the original push. I'll post here when the updates done.

Thanks for the heads up

iSTy
06-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I was watching 'briefcase' and it stopped about 3mins 30 into it, :( so i downloaded it again and now it stops at 1min 30.

Any advice?

Cheers

EDIT: I got a green screen when it stopped the first time, the second (and many times after) it just stops on the frame.

EDIT 2: Now it goes to 4.57 and stops.

Larry Rutledge
06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Hmmm...I just downloaded BRIEFCASE and it played through completely without any problems. When did you do the second download? Perhaps it was before I went through and manually verified the mirrors yesterday.

Try downloading again and see if it works better for you...in the meantime I'll run through the mirrors again and make sure BRIEFCASE looks right on all of them.

Also...I did find a problem with THE SPY WHO FED ME on the mirrors. I have re-pushed the correct file out to the mirrors and it should work correctly now.

Mike@AF
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Same issue as msconce with "The Spy Who Fed Me". Does the same thing on 2 Macs (one G5 and one Intel) with 10.4.9 and QT 7. Everything is latest versions. I even had to force quit QT.

I did get it to play most of it by jumping just past that moment and any other moments it locks up at. Took me a long time to be able to watch it.

Larry Rutledge
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
As I mentioned in my two posts since Matt's...there was an issue with the mirror'd version of the film. I just re-pushed the film over the past hour, so if you had a problem with it, please re-download it as it should be working correctly now.

iSTy
06-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Cheers Larry, you're doing a grand job :)
Must be quite frustrating for you, but soo worth it.
Thanks again.
Briefcase is now working for me.
I don't know about all the films, i've downloaded them all, just haven't watched them all, yet.

Mike@AF
06-05-2007, 07:40 PM
As I mentioned in my two posts since Matt's...there was an issue with the mirror'd version of the film. I just re-pushed the film over the past hour, so if you had a problem with it, please re-download it as it should be working correctly now.

Sorry. I walked away from the computer before replying and didn't refresh the thread to see if anything new happened. Thanks for fixing it. You guys are awesome!

Paul Coleman
06-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Hey Larry. Only one I can't DL is "Swift Moves". It is being stubborn. :huh:

Michael Anthony Horrigan
06-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Can you double check Robin the Spy.

I've had two people contact my about download issues now.

Thanks again!

Mike