PDA

View Full Version : SpyFest 2007 - Viewing Now Open

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 10:17 AM
SpyFest Viewing Is Now Open

Welcome to DVuser.com's 2007 SpyFest short film festival.

How do I view the films?

All the films are provided through a distributed system. To download the films, go to the following URL and click on the film's title. Within a few seconds your browser should initiate a download of the film, simply select a destination and begin the download.

http://www.dvxfest.com/spyfest/ (http://www.dvxfest.com/spyfest/)

How do I provide a direct link to my film?

If you have entered a film and would like to post a direct link in your film's thread, simply right-click and copy the link to your film from the above viewing page. This link sends the download through our distribution system and provides a well balanced bandwidth distribution, it also stores critical statistics so we can improve the system.

Please do not link directly to a film on a specific mirror -- if that mirror goes down, your link breaks!

How do I vote?

Voting instructions have been provided here (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=99232). Voting will be open through 9:00 p.m., Pacific Time on Saturday, June 2 and the results will be posted Sunday night.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Happy viewing everyone! And don't forget to vote for the winner!

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 10:18 AM
What do I do if there is a problem with the download?

Because this is still a fairly new system, we may have some issues. If you have a problem with a download, please go this thread (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=99427) and post the information (if you can grab the URL that it is trying to download from please include that to help us narrow down the problem.

Once you've done that, go back to the viewing link and try to download the file again. It should download from a different mirror and will most likely resolve whatever issue you ran into. In the meantime I will work on getting the problem file updated.

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Special Thanks

I'd like to give a quick shout out to our generous mirror providers. Without them we would all be trying to download the films from Jarred's server and that would be a nightmare.
Jarred Land (dvxfest.com)
Jason Ramsey (ramjetfilms.com)
Norm Sanders (eefilm.com)
Mikko Wilson (mikkowilson.com)
Brandon Rice (noaricedigital.com)
webdog (9xnet.com)
t-h-e-w-h-o (dvxhost.com)
fixitinpost (etchantdigital.com)
Larry R (nrestudios.com)

youngfilmmaker906
06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Sweet

Ted Arabian
06-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME JOB, LARRY! I am linking the format you've deigned for the downloads! Nice man!

Edgen
06-04-2007, 10:28 AM
"oooooooh yaaaaaaa", says the Koolaid Man :)

/j

cinealma
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, I was going to download these at work so I can watch them later at home, but apparently my company's firewall/filter claims that the link leads to a page on...

HACKING!

(Yes, even including the exclamation mark).

Double damn! I say!

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 10:32 AM
John -- I just PM'd you... let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

Matt Harris
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
awesome, good luck everyone!

Weston
06-04-2007, 11:01 AM
On some movies it shows that i have them downloaded but when i go to play them only half the movie is there and the other half just plays a black screen. Then it says buffer runtime error...and the file is only half the size it should be....yet it shows that the download is complete.

Huy Vu
06-04-2007, 11:07 AM
The link for Spy Girls seems to be broken.

-zach-
06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
The link for Spy Girls seems to be broken.

Seems to be the same thing for Sleeper.

Larry Rutledge
06-04-2007, 03:22 PM
All the links should be repaired. I manually went to each mirror and hand verified each file. There were about 5 files that needed to be re-sync'ed and all seems to be working fine now.

Jarred Land
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks Larry :)