PDA

View Full Version : Audio\Transitions - Please help

MDfilms
07-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I have had this happen a couple times and I cant seem to figure out why. When I have an end clip of audio or even video, it wont let me set another clip and lay down a transition but if I move them apart it will put them on each end. I do make them sure that both clips are right next to each other. I hope this makes sense. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Michael

kylelewis1
07-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I am not quite sure what you mean. Can you explain a little more?

MDfilms
07-21-2004, 12:28 PM
when I am trying to put a transition on 2 clips, it wont let me put the transition onto the clips so they fade together.

Does that help?

kylelewis1
07-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Are you trying to add a transition to clips that don't have any extra (I forget the official name) footage on the roll? If there is no extra left at the end of clip A and nothing left at the beginning of clip B then you can't add a transition because there is nothing extra to use to transition. If it is possible, "roll up" 30 frames at the end of clip A (the clip on the left) and then roll up 30 frames at the beginning of clip B. You should have no problem then. Let us know if that works.

MDfilms
07-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Ok thanks. Sorry I didn't write my question very well. That was the probelm I was having and just didn't think about it. Thank you for the help.

PS Kyle did you see the 2 small shorts I did. They were just random footage with music.

kylelewis1
07-21-2004, 09:10 PM
I haven't seen them. What the link?

MDfilms
07-21-2004, 09:58 PM
http://www.mdfilms.net/MDfilms.mov
http://www.mdfilms.net/MDfilms3.mov

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time

Michael

kylelewis1
07-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Very nice. I particularly liked the transitions and some of the overlays you had on the second one.

You should post them on the screen grab section so people can take a look at them and give you some good feedback.

I went to your site and saw some other movies you had there. I am curious about how you made MDfilmsNET-Promo.mov. How did you strobe in multiple clips at one time? Did you do that in FCP or did you use something else? Thanks.

kylelewis1
07-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Where in Maryland do you live? Is the church that you have some videos on in Maryland?

MDfilms
07-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Frederick area and yes about the church.

The video was shot on a GL2 so I cant post them in there.

All editing was done in FCPHD

Feel free to e-mail me at : MDfilms@mac.com if you wanna talk more.

And thanks

Michael