View Full Version : Audio\Transitions - Please help

07-21-2004, 11:33 AM
I have had this happen a couple times and I cant seem to figure out why. When I have an end clip of audio or even video, it wont let me set another clip and lay down a transition but if I move them apart it will put them on each end. I do make them sure that both clips are right next to each other. I hope this makes sense. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

07-21-2004, 01:24 PM
I am not quite sure what you mean. Can you explain a little more?

07-21-2004, 01:28 PM
when I am trying to put a transition on 2 clips, it wont let me put the transition onto the clips so they fade together.

Does that help?

07-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Are you trying to add a transition to clips that don't have any extra (I forget the official name) footage on the roll? If there is no extra left at the end of clip A and nothing left at the beginning of clip B then you can't add a transition because there is nothing extra to use to transition. If it is possible, "roll up" 30 frames at the end of clip A (the clip on the left) and then roll up 30 frames at the beginning of clip B. You should have no problem then. Let us know if that works.

07-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Ok thanks. Sorry I didn't write my question very well. That was the probelm I was having and just didn't think about it. Thank you for the help.

PS Kyle did you see the 2 small shorts I did. They were just random footage with music.

07-21-2004, 10:10 PM
I haven't seen them. What the link?

07-21-2004, 10:58 PM

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time

07-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Very nice. I particularly liked the transitions and some of the overlays you had on the second one.

You should post them on the screen grab section so people can take a look at them and give you some good feedback.

I went to your site and saw some other movies you had there. I am curious about how you made MDfilmsNET-Promo.mov. How did you strobe in multiple clips at one time? Did you do that in FCP or did you use something else? Thanks.

07-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Where in Maryland do you live? Is the church that you have some videos on in Maryland?

07-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Frederick area and yes about the church.

The video was shot on a GL2 so I cant post them in there.

All editing was done in FCPHD

Feel free to e-mail me at : MDfilms@mac.com if you wanna talk more.

And thanks