PDA

View Full Version : "Son of Bond" a Sconce/Aro Production

Matt Sconce
05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/10327/1180044656.jpg

It is hard living in your Father's Shadow.

Well this should be fun!

Matt Sconce
05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Untouched Screen Grab 1:
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/10327/1180452443.jpg

Larry Rutledge
05-24-2007, 04:35 PM
ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!?!?! http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/images/smilies/smilie_loco.gif

Well, good luck to you...this should be a lot of fun!!!! http://www.justforfunboard.com/gfx/smileys/goodluck.gif

Mark T. Aro
05-24-2007, 04:39 PM
ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!?!?! http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/images/smilies/smilie_loco.gif

Well, good luck to you...this should be a lot of fun!!!! http://www.justforfunboard.com/gfx/smileys/goodluck.gif

There is no question that we ARE CRAZY! But hey... we are having a ROCKIN good time being WHACK! You never know... we may not even make it to next week. At this rate, our heads may explode... but at least we will die doing what we love EH!!!

:Drogar-Dum(DBG):

Elton
05-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Awesome...totally awesome. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/mrcasey91316/FT-SomethingHappedToEm.jpg

Michael_Petro
05-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Man I gotta party with you guys... whoa!

Charli
05-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I hate you, Matt, I hate you Mark, and I mean this with great love.

Mark T. Aro
05-24-2007, 05:23 PM

Back at you chica... I just saw some of your latest pics!!!:Drogar-Love(DBG):

Matt Sconce
05-24-2007, 05:29 PM

hahaha! This was a BLAST to shoot. I think you will all have fun with it. :beer:

Now if we can just get back to finishing SLEEPER! :crybaby:
AARRGGHH!!! We are so ADHD!:2vrolijk_08:

Mark T. Aro
05-24-2007, 05:41 PM
We are so ADHD!:2vrolijk_08:

AMEN BROTHER! AMEN!

WE PUT THE "H" IN ADHD!

:Drogar-Evil(DBG):

bosindy
05-24-2007, 10:39 PM
i have always said, nothing like double entry.

Michael_Petro
05-24-2007, 10:46 PM
i have always said, nothing like double entry.

bow chica wow wow

kurtmo
05-25-2007, 11:47 AM
If I started #2 right now I'd be in biggggg trouble with mama. Still, I've been thinking along the same lines. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with watching number 2 from the sidelines.

Go, go, go!

Mark T. Aro
05-25-2007, 12:05 PM
If I started #2 right now I'd be in biggggg trouble with mama. Still, I've been thinking along the same lines. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with watching number 2 from the sidelines.

Go, go, go!

Ignoring the innuendos above... we came up with an idea that would be fun, straight-forward and fairly simple to shoot. I think when all was said and done we shot for about 3 hours. It was a lot of fun! I think we all probably got home at about 3am and we were back at work first thing the next morning. Man, the day job sure makes it hard to do film-making, but I guess it pays the bills for now... I actually like my job so that is a plus too.

Good news is at the end of the day today, I am officially on Vacation for a week!!! WOO HOO!

I will finish Sleeper and possible do a little post on Son of Bond too! We intentionally shot it with minimal post FX required. Well my render is almost finished... back to work eh!:Drogar-Dum(DBG):

kurtmo
05-25-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm on vacation too. I gotta figure out how I'll to view all these while I'm on the road. I hope my hotel has a big internet pipe!

BTW That's #100 for me! Yee-ha, I get to vote now!

Mark T. Aro
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm on vacation too. I gotta figure out how I'll to view all these while I'm on the road. I hope my hotel has a big internet pipe!

BTW That's #100 for me! Yee-ha, I get to vote now!

CONGRATS on the 100...

Yeah... I am not going anywhere... just my home office to finish the films, but I will be OFFICE-DISTRACTION FREE!!!!!

Gord.T
05-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I didn't think you guys were serious about this. But I think I know where your going with it. Hat's off. :)

JOE BLO
05-25-2007, 10:51 PM
You guys rock! Two movies in the fest. I'm overwhelmed with finishing just one.

Ted Arabian
05-27-2007, 05:55 AM
You guys are cracking me up! Crazy man.

First you put us all in a state of awe with the Sleeper thread and now you are announcing a second entry!?!?!?!

Wow! Good for you guys.

Looking forward to seeing BOTH of your flicks!

(and I love the ADHD biz.... very funny!)

-Ted

Edgen
05-27-2007, 12:05 PM
wew hew!! 2nd Entry?! You guys are indeed nutz. :) LOVE IT! Looking forward to seeing it. Quite the title to live up to.

/j

Zenon
05-27-2007, 06:26 PM
cool! but what about his brother James Bond Junior from the cartoons? does he get a cameo? ;)

two entrys is hardcore stuff! looking forward to seeing it :)

Norm Sanders
05-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow, is all I can say. Looking forward to seeing both of your entries guys! :beer:

Mark T. Aro
05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
cool! but what about his brother James Bond Junior from the cartoons? does he get a cameo? ;)

two entrys is hardcore stuff! looking forward to seeing it :)
Well let's remember that our dear Mr. Bond... well um... he saw a lot of action. As a result of that we are fairly certain that there are many little Bonds running around. Our bond is all grow'd up now... Please note that this is just a fun little thing that we threw together which was born out of a manic conversation fueled by sleep deprivation and mental exhaustion. Sleeper it is not... but it should be fairly entertaining!

Wow, is all I can say. Looking forward to seeing both of your entries guys! :beer:

Yeah... it is jus a fun little project that we pulled together last minute... I think part of it was that we want to do something a little simpler in contrast to Sleeper which is a HUGE bite for us, considering time and money restrictions. Son of Bond was a one night shoot and a couple of days on editing and post. it should be entertaining.... we shall see!

RebeccaD
05-27-2007, 09:47 PM
WOW!! I just bumped into this thread. Guys, you are nuts! I mean that in the best possible way of course and I can't wait to see both of your films. Congrats on all your hard work.

Mark T. Aro
05-28-2007, 03:19 PM
WOW!! I just bumped into this thread. Guys, you are nuts! I mean that in the best possible way of course and I can't wait to see both of your films. Congrats on all your hard work.

WE are fully aware of our lack of sanity... but we are having fun being crazy!

Thanks... more soon!

Matt Sconce
05-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Here is an Untouched Screen Grab:
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/10327/1180452443.jpg

Gord.T
05-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Here is an Untouched Screen Grab:

I wouldn't touch that either. (bada boom)

Matt Sconce
05-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I wanted to give some brief details about this movie. We filmed and finished this movie in a total hour count of three days. It is made for one reason. To make you laugh. We hope you enjoy!

Matt Sconce
05-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Son Of Bond is done. It will be uploaded tonight! Now if only Sleeper was as well.....

Matt Sconce
05-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Son of Bond is Uploaded! If you think of James bond meeting napleon Dynamite, in a Chris Farley sketch on SNL....you will kind of be ready to watch Son of Bond..... Enjoy, and give us some feedback!

AmyO
05-31-2007, 02:01 AM
This could be on a list of "You know your renders take too long when..."
A: "You have enough time while waiting to make a whole other film."

Congrats on Son of Bond. Sounds fun!

Hootzie
05-31-2007, 12:48 PM
This could be the greatest movie of all time. It seems that way anyway. Not that I've seen it. I"m just saying that the actor looks like he could go pro.

Matt Sconce
05-31-2007, 01:09 PM
This could be the greatest movie of all time. It seems that way anyway. Not that I've seen it. I"m just saying that the actor looks like he could go pro.

Yay! Anthony! This guy is so funny. I will talk more on the matter once the movie has been shown, but needless to say, I do not know anyone else who could have pulled off what I asked him to do.:) Glad you are on here!

Norm Sanders
06-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Can't wait to see this one, Matt ... sounds like it's going to be a funny one, and I'm looking forward to the comedies in here!

Keystoned
06-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Two movies! You guys are crazy. And that's why I wanna see this one :thumbsup:

Ted Arabian
06-04-2007, 12:28 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!! Great flick! SUPER WELL SHOT!!!!!!!! OMG.... I hate you guys!!! THAT'S what you just "whipped" out???? Great story.

Man, oh man!

Matt Sconce
06-04-2007, 03:46 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!! Great flick! SUPER WELL SHOT!!!!!!!! OMG.... I hate you guys!!! THAT'S what you just "whipped" out???? Great story.

Man, oh man!

Haha! Thanks Ted!!! I hope other people like this as well. It is true that if you like napolean dynamite, Chris Farley, James Bond, and laughing, you tend to like this movie. This is meant to be flippin hilarious and I hope it makes people laugh. The ending will take many by surprise.

-zach-
06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Shmoopsy-poo sounded a little too much like Monster's Inc., but that was made up for by saying "Booger Bunny" three times in 6 minutes.

If only Hero-Fest was the next fest...

"When the Easter Bunny calls in sick... Who can we rely on... Only one... Booger Bunny.... THIS SUMMER."

Matt Sconce
06-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Shmoopsy-poo sounded a little too much like Monster's Inc., but that was made up for by saying "Booger Bunny" three times in 6 minutes.

If only Hero-Fest was the next fest...

"When the Easter Bunny calls in sick... Who can we rely on... Only one... Booger Bunny.... THIS SUMMER."

Haha! Most of this was directed Improv. For instance, Mark and I would tell Anthony or Heather "You are sickeningly cutesie" and they would run with it. In the bathroom, we would say "You are afraid you will never live up to your father's shadow and you only wanted to become an orthadontist." The rest was magic....:beer:

Michael Anthony Horrigan
06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Funny stuff! Looks like you guys must have had a lot of fun making this one. :)

It came through...

Mike

cinealma
06-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I laughed while watching this one. Good job, guys. Not to shabby for a quick "let's just make something" kind of flick. Acting was great.

Only thing that kind of dragged for me was that the whole talking to himself in the mirror sequence went on a little long. Other than that, a funny little film.

Kudos and thanks for screening.

Mark T. Aro
06-05-2007, 12:42 AM
I laughed while watching this one. Good job, guys. Not to shabby for a quick "let's just make something" kind of flick. Acting was great.

Only thing that kind of dragged for me was that the whole talking to himself in the mirror sequence went on a little long. Other than that, a funny little film.

Thanks man, glad it made you laugh! It needs tightening up for sure, but we had a lot of fun making it. it really just grew out of a conversation that Matt and I had where we said... Sleeper is exhausting, maybe we should just make a short where a guy is looking in a mirror and trying to convince himself that he is BOND... That's it!

Norm Sanders
06-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Okay, I've not commented on any films in detail yet, because I'm waiting until I've finished them all. That said, I keep hearing about how funny this is, and had to check it out ahead of schedule (going alphabetical order) ... and now I have to comment.

That lead guy is HILARIOUS! It got a little old after a while of the cat/growl scene, and perhaps could have been broken up a bit more by just changing the angle back to the OTS mirror view for a moment, but was worth sticking around just to see what kind of new cough, gag, growl, or other facial expression he would make.

Very simple, but very cute & fun idea! Thanks for the humerous break in what's been an otherwise BUSY day today. This one is certainly worth watching again, just for the humor, if nothing else.

Technically, I was surprised at the quality of music for it being canned ... good job fitting it in, and I loved loved LOVED that sweeping camera movement as we whip around with his HUGE gun. He instantly went from whiny loser to bad ass with that single movement. NICE!

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Okay, I've not commented on any films in detail yet, because I'm waiting until I've finished them all. That said, I keep hearing about how funny this is, and had to check it out ahead of schedule (going alphabetical order) ... and now I have to comment.

That lead guy is HILARIOUS! It got a little old after a while of the cat/growl scene, and perhaps could have been broken up a bit more by just changing the angle back to the OTS mirror view for a moment, but was worth sticking around just to see what kind of new cough, gag, growl, or other facial expression he would make.

Very simple, but very cute & fun idea! Thanks for the humerous break in what's been an otherwise BUSY day today. This one is certainly worth watching again, just for the humor, if nothing else.

Technically, I was surprised at the quality of music for it being canned ... good job fitting it in, and I loved loved LOVED that sweeping camera movement as we whip around with his HUGE gun. He instantly went from whiny loser to bad ass with that single movement. NICE!

Haha! Thanks Norm! I am glad it made you laugh and brightened up your day!:) :beer: :thumbup:

Charli
06-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I liked that the character was not the typical, sculpted Bond character. I also
thought the in-mirror-exchange was sustained a tad too long, but he just
cracked me up. Freakin' funny.

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I liked that the character was not the typical, sculpted Bond character. I also
thought the in-mirror-exchange was sustained a tad too long, but he just
cracked me up. Freakin' funny.

Thanks Charli. It is one of those moments where it would be wise to have editing yes that do not know how funny it was on set nor know the people involved, because it becomes hard to be objective when you are cracking up and remembering each moment. We can probably trim a bit. Any part in particular strike you as the moment that was too long?

Beat Takeshi
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I liked this too and my first laugh was his trip after he tried to be cool. I thought the cat thing went a little long but it was still funny. I thought that the first bathroom guy should have been the one to scare the Bond dude because then it would have made the second scene seem more dramatic that he can overcome his nerdness if he really had to.

Heather
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Booger Bunny here! hehe!!
wow, we had so much fun making this movie and I'm so proud of the guys for working so hard! Both movies are amazing and i can't wait to see Sleeper in all its glory when it's done!!

oh, and to comment on an earlier post, I realized later, after filming that I had used the schmoopsy poo name from monsters inc. oopsy :) oh well...that's what happens when you improv it! But oh my goodness we just laughed and laughed as we made this!! thanks everyone for your support of my hubby and Mark! It means so much to them and to me!

Booger Bunny signing off!:kiss:

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I liked this too and my first laugh was his trip after he tried to be cool. I thought the cat thing went a little long but it was still funny. I thought that the first bathroom guy should have been the one to scare the Bond dude because then it would have made the second scene seem more dramatic that he can overcome his nerdness if he really had to.

Wow! That would have been a cool plot point Aram, thanks for the idea.

I am glad you had fun watching this!

chris f
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Standard Disclaimer: I've yet to see a bad film so far in this fest. Congratulations to every film maker, everyone did a great job. All my comments and criticisms are meant to be constructive and helpful and in no way am I trying to take anything away from what you accomplished.

Good: Funny, plenty of clever ideas (007 ringtone, "bob" bond, the guy in the bathroom stall the whole time, etc.). I really liked how the music kicked in and you think he's gonna turn into some suave agent and then he quickly trips and kisses that thought goodbye.

Not as Good: Bathroom scene seemed to be twice as long as it needed to be. Audio could have been a little better.

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Standard Disclaimer: I've yet to see a bad film so far in this fest. Congratulations to every film maker, everyone did a great job. All my comments and criticisms are meant to be constructive and helpful and in no way am I trying to take anything away from what you accomplished.

Good: Funny, plenty of clever ideas (007 ringtone, "bob" bond, the guy in the bathroom stall the whole time, etc.). I really liked how the music kicked in and you think he's gonna turn into some suave agent and then he quickly trips and kisses that thought goodbye.

Not as Good: Bathroom scene seemed to be twice as long as it needed to be. Audio could have been a little better.

Mark and I appreciate the reviews!

Thank you for watching and enjoying the movie.

The audio was in an echoing bathroom, so I feel like it came out okay, but in the future, we need to get the mic closer to him and put foam up on the walls not shown in the camera to make it cleaner.

Thanks again!:dankk2:

AmyO
06-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi-larious film, guys! That actor is a riot. Perhaps the mirror part is a bit long, but OMG I died when he started trying to "be the tiger!" I didn't care how long it went on. It was just plain fun.

I didn't mind the echo in the bathroom because it fit, but the audio in the lobby seems very "on camera mic" and doesn't seem to go with the production values.

Matt Sconce
06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi-larious film, guys! That actor is a riot. Perhaps the mirror part is a bit long, but OMG I died when he started trying to "be the tiger!" I didn't care how long it went on. It was just plain fun.

I didn't mind the echo in the bathroom because it fit, but the audio in the lobby seems very "on camera mic" and doesn't seem to go with the production values.
Thanks Amy! We liked it and laugh everytime.

Hmmm I see what you mean about the on camera mike feel...it was not of course, but I need to find out why it feels this way?

Matt Sconce
06-06-2007, 01:27 AM
I laughed while watching this one. Good job, guys. Not to shabby for a quick "let's just make something" kind of flick. Acting was great...

Thanks! We were surprised with how well it turned out based on the one day shootiung and 2 day editing binge we went into. We always knew Anthony was a hilarious guy! He is lurking on these boards as Hootzie (The avatar in the cow suit). He is a riot to hange out with. Whenever he is around, people can't help but laugh and be happy. He is a good friend as well.

Matt Sconce
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
"Ahhh..That smells like Burnt Almonds........hey....that's not that bad...."

jojopop
06-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Ha! This one was a lot of fun -- really liked your lead actor and the ending was perfect. The mirror part was a bit on the long side, but I think your lead made it worth it.

Great twist on the genre... Nice job!

Dahopafilms
06-07-2007, 02:19 AM
Hey Matt and Mark,

Sorry I'm just getting around to commenting on this now. I really enjoyed this.

Stuff I liked:
It was ORIGINAL. Cool.
The transitions to the two guys coming out of the stalls was surprising and really effective both visually and to the story. Nice job.
I liked the camera work. Effective.
Stuff I wasn't so sure of:
The sound before we got to the washroom.
The mirror shot was too long for me.
I'm a little worried about the "Bond" references (name and music) in relation to infringement. You may want to get those checked out before you enter this into another Festival (which you should).

I really enjoyed this. Thanks for making it.

Matt Sconce
06-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I totally agree about the sound at the start. The microphone was too far away from the two before the bathroom scene. It results in a problem with the audio.

We definitely needed to cut back to over his shoulder at some point in the tiger scene.

I will definitely research into the infringment, but I believe we are okay. We never mentioned Jame's Bond. Only the last name. There are people named this anyway, and there is even a music group named Bond. The music is not exactly the Bond theme and is even different notes. I wonder if it is too similar? I will check into this.

Thanks for watching and having fun!

bosindy
06-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Fun film, anytime you can laugh at something you are actually filming it is a good thing. Does your lead do comedy professionally?

I think you may have issue with copyright here. It is good that you will consult someone if you do more with it to be safe. You might be okay under parody, but the first name omission won't be enough and the song is maybe too close in this context IMO.

Isaac_Brody
06-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I like this as a skit, but as was already mentioned the mirror scene plays too long. I would've liked to have seen this premise play out in different scenarios and then end with the bathroom scene where Bond expresses self doubt before going through with the kill.

I wanted to see him outside of this bathroom and experiencing other types of humiliation at not measuring up to his father.

There's good comedic material here that just needs trimming. :thumbup:

Hootzie
06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I also think a love scene with a variety of women was in order. I was vetoed on that one......by my wife.....but still Let's think about it for the future...not with Booger Bunny of course.....that would be awkward. But just a bevy of other beauties.....just something to think about.

Matt Sconce
06-07-2007, 10:04 AM
I also think a love scene with a variety of women was in order. I was vetoed on that one......by my wife.....but still Let's think about it for the future...not with Booger Bunny of course.....that would be awkward. But just a bevy of other beauties.....just something to think about.

Why didn't I think of that?!! Oh yeah....because your wife would permanently maim you! haha!

I wanted to see him outside of this bathroom and experiencing other types of humiliation at not measuring up to his father.

There's good comedic material here that just needs trimming. :thumbup:

Yeah, we could have expanded this premise, but it started out as a joke, and we had no time for more. Mark and I were sitting around waiting on a render for Sleeper and we said "We should have just made a movie about one of the miriad of children of bond and how he is convincing himself he can live up to his father's glory." We looked back on it a couple days later and said....Let's do it!

We had 6-8 hours to film everything and two days to edit. I think we could have expanded the concept with more time. Thanks for the comments Isaac! It spawns some interesting ideas.

Fun film, anytime you can laugh at something you are actually filming it is a good thing. Does your lead do comedy professionally?

I think you may have issue with copyright here. It is good that you will consult someone if you do more with it to be safe. You might be okay under parody, but the first name omission won't be enough and the song is maybe too close in this context IMO.

Anthony should totally go pro with his hilarity!

About copyright...We are wondering the same thing. I have a question pending with Legal Match . com right now to see if we fall under the fair use parody protection.

Matt Sconce
06-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Son of Bond is headed to Action On Film Festival in Long Beach California with Stricken. Should be fun!

kurtmo
06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Funny piece. I loved how people kept coming out of the john when he thought he was talking to himself! Good fun!

Matt Sconce
06-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Funny piece. I loved how people kept coming out of the john when he thought he was talking to himself! Good fun!

Haha! Thanks! It was only meant to make people laugh. It was filmed in a day and edited in two. The script was Anthony Ad libbing based on general direction from Mark and I. Glad you had fun watching it!

Keystoned
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Funny stuff, and a lot of fun.

Kudos to your leading man for laying it all out there like that.

Thanks for sharing this entertaining little nugget :beer:

Michael_Petro
06-09-2007, 09:09 AM
ok heres my review

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Matt Sconce
06-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Funny stuff, and a lot of fun.

Kudos to your leading man for laying it all out there like that.

Thanks for sharing this entertaining little nugget :beer:
Yeah, he is a great actor and just a hilarious ad libber. We had so much fun making this!

ok heres my review

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Exactly what we intended. I am glad it made you laugh!:)......."it smells like burnt almonds...actually...that's not that bad....."

Matt Sconce
06-10-2007, 12:23 AM
I am so glad we decided to film this! It has proven to be a ton of fun and some great experience as well. I am excited to have Anthony be in more things in the future.

Edgen
06-10-2007, 12:36 PM
My Thoughts:

I really liked his performance and made me laugh just because of the title of the movie. If he had been anyone else, I would probably not of laughed at half the jokes. I think it dragged on and on and found myself fast forwarding through some of it.

I loved the end and the reveal and overall, I think you pulled off something clever. Now... get back to work on Sleeper! :)

cheers,
/j

gabrielflorit
06-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Ah, this was funny. Great performances. The bathroom - that's a really cool location! Where did you guys find that... has lots of character. This one kept me guessing right till the end - certainly didn't expect Robbie actually killing someone. And 2:50 made me choke on my drink. Very funny short. Congrats!