PDA

View Full Version : VidLED Deluxe LED Light - DayLED 40

Jason Ramsey
05-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Click here to read the full article (http://www.dvxuser.com/jason/Vidled)

David Saraceno
05-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Note the slight typing error.

Power consumption is rated at 4.0 watts of power, not 40 watts as stated incorrectly in the article.

Sorry

Sirocco
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Good article, I have been using this very light myself for a month and I am very happy with it.

bilgami
05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
ive had my vidled for 4-5 months now and i love it its everything the article says it is and then some and i have it all thanx to this site thanx dvx user.

:dankk2:

bikefilms
05-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Great!

I got to check one out last month, courtesy of David at DPC Films. It looked solid.

And what about that new product, the Stick? They have them at an unbelievable price.

-andrew

David Saraceno
05-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Later this summer, I believe, there will be additional products ala the stick

ChrisByrnes
06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
The stick comes ina a 3-pack. Any thoughts on using them to illuminate a green screen backdrop (single person)?

dcort
07-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I asked them on their (vidled) site about green screen lighting. I haven't heard yet. They seem as if they might be quite diffuse. Does any one know how they rate diffusely?
How are the Sticks mounted, I wonder? In the pix it looks like a head that grabs from the top and bottom. Do you know if these are generally available?

dcort
07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Here is an email stream of a dialogue between myself and vidled

Hello,
and thanks for the interest in our products.

There's no mounting ability that we supply; you'd need a SUPER CLAMP and a LIGHT
STAND in order to mount it.
It would work well for green screen I reckon.

Best regards,
Marius
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> -
>
> message: What is the mount for the coolstick?
> Has it been used for lighting a green screem
>
> name: david cort

Moseph
08-20-2007, 12:54 PM
they even ran over it with a truck and nothing happened to it, great quality. im definitely going to consider getting one once i get the money.

sbryan
08-20-2007, 02:52 PM
To those of you who own the light, what do you use it for?

Documentary? Night shooting? Lighting Car interior?

doumm
08-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Documentary and lighting in small spaces, anything that doesn't need to torch the subject with light.

Bus No. 8
08-31-2007, 02:06 PM
This looks great. I need to buy an on-camera LED for documentary shooting in Copenhagen in the cold, dark Winter. I was looking at a Zylight, but that's over $700.00. Any sense of how the VidLED compares? Besides being a lot less expensive, it seems much easier to power. At first I was interested in the Deluxe model with the integrated battery, but then saw the Panasonic battery adaptor and noticed how many more hours you can get per charge.