PDA

View Full Version : Raw plug-in for Photoshop CS...

Rick Meyer
05-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Hey everybody!

I currently have Photoshop CS and am trying to import Raw files from my Canon Xti. Does anyone know of the correct RAW Plug-In version I should be downloading?

I tried downloading some newer versions and can VIEW the files with the FILE Browser however when I attempt to do anything with the photo or enlarge it, apply an effect, bring it into Photoshop I keep getting this error message:

"Could not complete your request because this version of Photoshop does not supply the services required by this plug-in module."

So, this has me completely vexed. Could it be the camera is too new for CS and any related plug-in?

Am I doing something wrong?

Do I need to upgrade to CS2 or CS3? (please say no. I don't want to shell out any more money at this time).

Any input would be great. Thanks all!

Rick

Rick Meyer
05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Beuller.....Beuller....

CharlieG
05-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Good question and I have no answer....... However there is several RAW conversion programs besides the plugin. Canon has "Digital Photo Professional" and I think you can download it on their website....

Claw
05-23-2007, 05:45 AM
What RAW plug-in are you using? Is it Adobe Camera Raw?

Rick Meyer
05-23-2007, 07:13 PM
well, i have been using Digital Photo Professional. It was bundled with the camera. but i haven't been able to find a plug-in that accepts my cameras pics even though the pics are viewable. i just cant bring them into photoshop to edit as raw. thats annoying.

Rick Meyer
05-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Man the photoshop theads move slowly...

CharlieG
05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Just make do with what ya got....
I like the way that Canon's "DPP" works, I know its personal preference on my part and I like it better than the "Camera Raw" plugin..... But then again I'm not a RAW fan as I don't have the time to deal with the extra steps in my workflow (or as I call it workbog) since I shoot from 200-800 photos a week. (1200 so far since Thursday, HS graduations were the extra ones)

Rick Meyer
05-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Wow. You are quite busy. You're probably right. I just needed to find a workflow from CANON'S DPP to Photoshop CS with as little quality loss as possible.