PDA

View Full Version : Time for an Upgrade

Brett
05-15-2007, 11:56 AM
okay so I have been making short films and movies with my friends for as long as I can remember. I have been using small cameras that really dont have that great of quality. I havent been too sure of what to get yet, but I would like to have a camera that shoots well and has great quality. I have a budget of around 4 grand. could anyone give me any advice? thanks

Jason Ramsey
05-15-2007, 12:01 PM
4 grand... sounds like you should be looking at the Canon A1. If you are looking at HDV, the general concensus is that the A1 is by far the superior choice. Of course, everyone will have their own opinion, but that is the general vibe. And, it's in your price range.

But, you need to factor in other costs... do you have a proper tripod? Sound? NLE? Powerful enough computer? Are these things part of your budget?

Barry_Green
05-15-2007, 02:20 PM
As Jason said, it all depends on what your proposed uses are. The A1 is a great deal at ~$3250, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the right one for you. There are all sorts of choices in all sorts of price brackets, so -- specify a bit more about what you shoot and how you plan to use it, and we can better advise you.

Emanuel
05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
The A1 is a great deal at ~$3250, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the right one for you. No HDMI (-> HD-SDI) = No future proof