PDA

View Full Version : New Litepanels competitor

Sproketz
04-19-2007, 04:54 PM
There was a company showing at NAB with a new little light similar to the Litepanel.

http://www.elementlabs.com/

They do very large, very cool animated LED displays and set elements. Those who went to NAB might have seen the girl sitting in the sportscar with their lights creating the illusion of driving down a street at night.

They were showing a prototype of a small light similar to the small Litepanels.
You were also able to dial in whatever color you want similar to Zylite using a remote control. They were going to have it available in a couple of months in a hardwired to AC version and a battery powered version mid-summer.

The price mentioned was $500.

Very professional looking.

FatDaddy
04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Was it the Kelvin Brick you looked at?

Sproketz
04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I believe so. Kind of alot of confusion when I was there because the booth was crowded. I am not entirely sure the product was entirely thought out in that there were no flood or spot options. I looked at Litepanels and the light output of the Kelvin Brick seems to be about on par with the new brighter Litepanel. Build quality looked good but I think they are new at small lights.

I was involved with a shoot that used the Ryan Seacrest set at E! in December. The set has lots of Element Labs animatable LED panels on it and the Lighting Director ran the set through it's paces. Looked very very cool. Hopefully they can translate their expertise with large LED systems down to small ones.

FatDaddy
04-20-2007, 06:00 AM
I guess too early to have battery options for the "brick"? Looks like maybe mid-summer...