PDA

View Full Version : Hydra?

lipslide
04-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Was there any further mention of this?

AloysiusK
04-18-2007, 04:41 PM
At NAB? I thought Hercules put an end to it.

Kholi
04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
LoLs.

No, unfortunately Reel-Stream didn't have any stills to show from Hydra like we expected. Trust me, I was waiting all NAb for this. =(

AshG
04-19-2007, 12:49 AM
The tech is really impressive, if Juan can pull it off for $3500, I will be first in line. We went thru the workflow and his software is really impressive. The HVX will use gigabit, meaning cable length of over THREE HUNDRED FEET. The only issue is recording sound which will have to be done separately, but after I saw the stuff today, I think it will be worth the hassle. The DVX stuff he had was already pretty jaw dropping.

ash =o)

arrestthisman
04-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Ash, Juan is a man of the people, and if we all make enough requests he'll likely come up with some system for sync sound.

There's another thread in the main HVX forum that's a bazillion pages long. Audio was spoken about a lot.

My tw ideas were, A. support an Mbox or any breakout box with phantom power over usb, and sync audio from a live feed.

or,

B. in the Sculptor workflow, add support for MXF audio files, so you can record audio on the camera, sync up the sound quickly in Sculptor with a preview/timeline UI before export to quicktime, and there you have it, Easy all the way with synced sound ready for the editor!

B is my fave.

If they don't implement audio I'm going to think long and hard, if they even add crude support they already have my money!

Kholi
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
The tech is really impressive, if Juan can pull it off for $3500, I will be first in line. We went thru the workflow and his software is really impressive. The HVX will use gigabit, meaning cable length of over THREE HUNDRED FEET. The only issue is recording sound which will have to be done separately, but after I saw the stuff today, I think it will be worth the hassle. The DVX stuff he had was already pretty jaw dropping.

ash =o)

Yeah i had a long thought about it, I guess saving up another 500 won't be so bad. It's more than likely worth it.

Ernest_Acosta
04-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Is $3500 the price? Also arrestthisman, I like B as well. That is something that we should really push with Juan.

Kholi
04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
No, nobody knows what it is. The other thread, someone said 3500-4500 and someone else said 3700.

Who knows!

AshG
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Now that is records sound, I would think it would be worth the $4K

ash =o)

LighthouseMedia
04-29-2007, 10:17 PM
hi all we just uploaded our FrshDV.com NAB segment on Hydra for those interested:
http://www.freshdv.com/mjeppsen/video/nab07_reelstream_hydra.mov

Christopher Barry
04-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Kendal/Matt, you guys are great. Awesome NAB 2007 coverage on many product. :dankk2: The new PL mount P+S Technik primes look good.