PDA

View Full Version : Red Lighning Software's HD Monitor Pro

mcgeedigital
04-18-2007, 08:26 AM
Meet the developer at the Dykortech Jib Arm booth where he had a demo running of HD Monitor Pro.

WOW!

Real nice feature set, much better than DV Rack HD, (which I own) and he is adding new features to it all the time.

Full XML export to FCPro will definitely save me lots of time editing.

http://redlightningsoftware.com/HD%20Monitor.html

Sumfun
04-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Looks nice. Were they capturing to a laptop? Did they have it (laptop or monitor) on the jib or off to the side? How did you like the jib?

ddh
04-18-2007, 03:01 PM
This is good news! Will definitely take a tour.

Look 1st
04-18-2007, 03:07 PM
any word on 720p and adj frame rate support?

mcgeedigital
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Looks nice. Were they capturing to a laptop? Did they have it (laptop or monitor) on the jib or off to the side? How did you like the jib?

Lapptop was off to the side of the jib.

The jib WAS EASILY the best jib at NAB (for me and my budget anyway, and there were ALOT of jibs there.

tomk358
04-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I spoke with the guy at the booth- very nice and down to earth.
Interface is very mac-like, slick and simple.
He has an overlay function where you can use a framegrab or external image file as an overlay to compare your shot with a previous shot, or to line up with CG elements. I believe he said it also supports photoshop files with transparency, so say you were compositing a background element, you could use the .psd file to make sure the angle and lighting all worked.

Complaints:
1) no HDV support. For folks with HDV cameras, they can't use this software YET. He said he had a big meeting with Apple and will be working on this right away.

2) callibration- he has an adobe-gamma style monitor calibration tool built in. Works well, but I'm wondering, wouldn't it be better to have SMPTE bars from your camera, then do a blue-gun to calibrate the system end-to-end?

3) no waveform/vectorscope or histogram function.

Otherwise, pretty cool stuff. Certainly gives OnLocation (formerly DV Rack) a run for it's money- if you are an FCP user that is.

keep it moving Jay
04-19-2007, 11:08 AM
are they in beta? any known bugs? looks promising. not for run and gun but for set shots. could be worth the coins.

edit: dv rack 2 HD is way ahead of this software. jus went on the adobe site...