PDA

View Full Version : Any News from Red Rock?

Mike McNeese
04-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Couldn't make it out to NAB this year, but I'm particularly interested in new product developments with their adapters for the HVX as well as the rumored matte box.

Zack Birlew
04-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Redrockmicro has the mattebox available for reservation at the moment. It will be $500. There was also a wireless follow focus which will also be available for $500.

The biggest surprise was the new flipping module so now you don't have to go buy a Marshall monitor anymore, the image will be upright from now on :thumbsup:! It will be from $300-500.

Mike McNeese
04-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Reservation for both has just been made!

ChrisK
04-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Where did you find the place to make the reservations? Is there any more info available for them online?

eddavid
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
link on redrock's webpage:

"EDIT: Ok, I found a NAB video where James Hurd talks about Redrock's new products. They also show the actual MicroX flip module:

http://www.freshdv.com/podpress_trac/web/887/0/REDROCK.mov

"

that was a copy and paste from a post over there

HDkilledFILM.
04-17-2007, 07:57 PM
The biggest surprise was the new flipping module so now you don't have to go buy a Marshall monitor anymore, the image will be upright from now on :thumbsup:! It will be from $300-500.

this is good news, but the monitor will still be in use to focus for me!

ecking
04-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow the new red rock stuff is nice! But I can't help but wonder, why make the mattebox white? Unless it's because it's unfinished.

And 250-500 for the flip? That's a huge price difference, I really REALLY hope they go with 250.

staygettin
04-18-2007, 01:21 AM
i'm in awe right now i need to be at NAB........ next year for sure.
redrock rocks..........................

Noel Evans
04-18-2007, 02:12 AM
But I can't help but wonder, why make the mattebox white?

Just prototype Id imagine. By the law of light you just cant have a white mattebox.

That remote ff looks interesting. Pretty cheap compared to whats out there.

bvalente
04-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Guys

At the airport coming back from a crazy NAB. Redrock won the TV Technology Star award, which is awesome!

A couple of quick answers for you all:

The microMattebox is white because it is indeed a prototype. Of course the final version will be black.

Also, I agree for critical focus an on-camera monitor is still a great thing. Ikan was showing the new V8000 HD monitor for $750 (street). It looked amazing, with an 8" screen, same resolution as the marshal, component in and out, and a really nice, thin form factor like the panasonic LCDs (I have a marshall - the gold standard - and it is large and clunky for on-camera work). I would definitely check that monitor out. Looks like a winner and I am placing my order shortly

Brian

DC
04-20-2007, 01:01 PM
That remote ff looks interesting. Pretty cheap compared to whats out there.

Hey Noel,

Yeah, the Red Rock Remote Follow Focus is awesome! I was tinkering with it in January. For the money, you can't (currently) beat it!

jpsheets
04-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi Brian,

I'm assuming you need to mount this monitor upside down as well, or does it have a flip function?

thanks!

JP

bvalente
04-22-2007, 08:09 PM
I didn't get a chance to check that out, but in the past Ikan has had the electronics to flip the monitor electronically.

I'd definitely ask them about it.

jpsheets
04-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi Brian,

Just got off the phone with Ikan. Super nice guys over there. This model does not have a flip function, but they are working on a higher end model that will have it, but it won't come out for another 6-12 months. But hey, just flip like you would the marshall. And it's a lighter weight, same resolution at about $500 cheaper. Sounds like a winner to me.

cheers,

JP

ambervisual
05-02-2007, 01:02 AM
It was great to see Redrock at NAB, I don't know how many of you went over to the JVC stand - there was a live demonstration of a number of video cameras - the third one along was using an M2 and the picture on the plasma display above was far and away the best one! VERY cinematic.

235 Studios
05-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Ikan was showing the new V8000 HD monitor for $750 (street). It looked amazing, with an 8" screen, same resolution as the marshal, component in and out, and a really nice, thin form factor like the panasonic LCDs (I have a marshall - the gold standard - and it is large and clunky for on-camera work). I would definitely check that monitor out. Looks like a winner and I am placing my order shortly

Brian

Does anyone have a link to the spec's for this monitor? I googled it, but the monitor that I found was about $400, and it did not have component in - just composite in ... I'd love to check this monitor out some more. :)

Mike McNeese
05-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I started a thread in the HVX forum...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=95991

235 Studios
05-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I started a thread in the HVX forum...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=95991

THANKS! Much appreciated. :)

majormorgan
05-03-2007, 04:33 AM
Redrock Micro Guys, I saw the video of the NAB interview - it got me real stoked that I had to sign up for both the Matte Box and the Remote focus unit.

A couple of questions, will we b able to order the extra accessories at the same time as when you email people back on the advance list?

Any ideas how many people are on the list so far?

Lastly, is the release date firmed up as yet?

Great stuff, can't wait !

Majormorgan

[Richard]

ifownlee41nite@mac.com
05-03-2007, 06:44 AM
The flip is bugging me out. When will it be available. The monitor is nice also. I guess if you have the monitor the flip is obsolete.

Still curious. When will the flip be ?

bvalente
05-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Redrock Micro Guys, I saw the video of the NAB interview - it got me real stoked that I had to sign up for both the Matte Box and the Remote focus unit.

A couple of questions, will we b able to order the extra accessories at the same time as when you email people back on the advance list?

Any ideas how many people are on the list so far?

Lastly, is the release date firmed up as yet?

Great stuff, can't wait !

Majormorgan

[Richard]

Thanks for the kind words - yeah, the HD videos that we were showing were awesome- jaw-dropping footage. Redrock has some really great shooters using our stuff.

As you may know, we are giving away 5 free microMatteboxes and 5 free microRemotes from the reserve list, and there is no $$ required to get on the list. Release dates: we're still shooting for Summer on all products including microX. There are some pretty wild unannounced features being added to the release version of the microRemote

Cheers

Brian

bvalente
05-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Ryan

I just posted an 'first impressions' in the HVX hardware section. In short, me like!

siniarch
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey Brian,
I know you probably can't give definite times, but around how much time before you release the Remote Follow Focus?
Thanks,
Luis

bvalente
06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi Luis

We are prepping an update note to the reserve list now. Still aiming for Summer release.

Thanks for asking!

Brian

siniarch
06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
thanks Brian.