PDA

View Full Version : Bright Lights, Small City- NAB 07

TC
04-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I just want everyone to know that this is where I will be posting my NAB correspondence. I will try to provide, for those who cannot attend, a visual representation of what it is like to be at this amazing event.

I want to start off by asking if there is anything specific that people want photos of. Companies, products, etc.

Kholi
04-13-2007, 04:02 PM
It begins! Get us some TC coverage on HyDRA!!!

MiniMan13
04-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I will atempt to take photo's and upload them to my gallery - starting monday
http://www.iabpro.net/gallery/

MemphisMourns
04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I'd love to see the Apple set up... new monitors? FCP 6? And of course if Panny puts out a new cam... Thanks!

mikkowilson
04-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Sweet TC. Looking forwards to your coverage. :thumbsup:

Let me know if you need any tech backup (web server, etc..)

- Mikko

Matthew Bennett
04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Photos of the reel-stream booth, please!

They're playing some clips and footage from my Andromeda film and I'm dying to know how it looks on an apple 23 inch..

Domis Entertainment
04-14-2007, 02:14 PM
There are so many products that we are looking forward to seeing/hearing at NAB 2007.

It seems that everyone wants to know most about:

The New HYDRA System

New Panasonic Cameras

Final Cut Pro 6/Extreme

16GB/32GB P2 Cards

New Apple Display Monitors

affordable High-Definition external display monitors

New Tiffen & GlideCam products

Red One Camera & Accessories

Here Are Some Questions that can hopefully be answered at NAB 2007

-What (affordable) editing software is compatible with Hydra's 2k & Red One's 4k resolution?

- What is the Price of the Hyrda System?

- How Much $$$ for the new 16GB & 32 GB P2 Cards?

- What is this "Surpise Camera" that everyone is saying panasonic will demo at NAB 2007?

- What is the price of Final Cut Pro 6/Extreme and what are the minimum software requirements?

- Is 2k/4k high-definition video (Hyrda System/Red One Camera) the tipping point in the battle between Film & Video?

I wish I could be out there with you all ! Have Fun !

Spartacus
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I second "affordable High-Definition external display monitors", there MUST be other options out there!
If not, please get pics and specs of the new pani monitor;o)

snowleopard
04-15-2007, 01:30 AM
What is this "Surpise Camera" that everyone is saying panasonic will demo at NAB 2007?
Two guesses:

1) On the "bland" side of guesses: The HVX550 (flyers already out on this machine, just no machine out yet).

2) On the "bold" side, listen for a 1080p, 24p-60p, P2 (with new compression) cam/system with 12+ stops latitude to replace the Varicam as the company's flagship.

cookester7
04-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Hey TC, along with Domis Entertainment's great suggestions, could you please check out DVXUser Bena's HD Monitor Pro system while you're there? His setup will be at the Dykortech booth (c7832) while on this new Advanta-Jib. The system is suppose to be like the DV Rack system but better (HI Def focus in 1:1 resolution on computer monitor+ flip screen for 35 mm adopters and much, much more)!!!! Thanks. OH I almost forgot; ANY affordable HMI portable Lighting Kits!!! Thanks again TC.

TC
04-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey guys, sorry I didn't get a chance to upload the pictures while I was at the show, the wi-fi cost like $25/ day.

I'll be uploading early tomorrow morning. I took over 600 photos, so I have to resize and toss out the crap.

Stay tuned.

mikkowilson
04-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Dude, you didn't make the Party?!?! We missed you!

- Mikko

Jarred Land
04-18-2007, 01:04 AM
speaking of party.. props to Mikko for being a great host since i had to leave early to take deb to the airport.. was great seeing everyone.

TC
04-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Dude, you didn't make the Party?!?! We missed you!I'm bummed about the party, I had to get back for class.

I went to the Tiffen booth to look for you, but you weren't around.

TC
04-18-2007, 10:06 AM
The photos are uploading onto Larry R's server, he's going to put together a slideshow and I'll post a link when it's ready.