PDA

View Full Version : Swift Moves

Mike Insane
04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.dvxuser6.com/uploaded/12787/1180690370.jpghttp://www.dvxfest.com/spyfest/loader.php?id=27648

http://a406.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/15/l_deba32800435b5001fde551bcaef008d.jpg

Mike Insane
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
PHEW the song has now officially been cleared!
The Song is "Sexy Dady"
It was produced by a good friend of mine Pyrotec in conjunction with two other artists.
Sexy Daddy
Music by: Caesar Garcia 'PYROTEC'
Lyrics by: Caesar Garcia, Sharika Sawer & Megan Ellis
Produced by: Caesar Garcia 'PYROTEC' for Conspiracy Lab Recordings
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I had a hiccup clearing the track. There is an important lesson to be learned here...

Make sure you have the rights covered before you use the peice.

This is my sincere appology to those who created the song for failing to credit them appropriately.

a Member film for the DVX User SPYFEST festival

a Michael B. Ballestero picture
Produced by
12th Round Entertainment
Killer Red Effects
and KW Designs

Courtney Best
Bryan Dieffenbach - Agent Rob Rey
Sharon Pflugradt - The Czar
Joey Regan - Joe the Money Man

with appearances by

Michele Redlin and Nicole Redlin
Oscar Tortolia

Original Score by
Taz and Disco

Mike Insane
04-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Bryan Dieffenbach

http://a215.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/m_c04b0b469aafb2919bdec3114f480566.jpg

Charli
04-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Good luck.

Mike Insane
04-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Bryan Dieffenbach
(test)
http://a719.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_ad80db028514f51697473f20b0c6489e.jpg

Charli
04-13-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm definitely an abs girl so I'm sort of loving this already.

Mike Insane
04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Courtney Best
http://a543.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/l_d4a57a148299622ec63ad5233d3e5016.jpg

Ralph Oshiro
04-13-2007, 10:00 PM
What else can I say? Love the visuals!

Mike Insane
04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Production Note:
1. Our first day of shootng was the 14th of April. Can I just say that it went great. Thank you to everyone who helped out.

2. Bullet hits are hard without squibs. Our SP FX team did a great job with the make-up. However, thee is a reason why all the big poductions use squibs and nothing else. (side note) if anyone wants to take a crak at digitally adding in blood sprays please PM me. In the end we got exactly what we wanted and the producing team is very happy with the dailies.

3. The Century 7.5 wide adapter works famously. It isn't the 35mm adapter that some other people are using but I believe that it gave our shots that film. esque feel that most video and HD lacks. We will see when he final product comes out.

4. Is it legal according o the festival rules to post behind the scenes photos? I'll have to review the rules but assumng it is okay with the admistrators of the festival... pics will be up soon.

5. Our lead, Bryan was pleasant surprize... with little warning and time to prepare, he slid right in to embody the role of Rob Rey. Once again, the poduction team was very happy with the footage.

More to come!:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)

Charli
04-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Yeah, you can post bts stills at any time.

Mike Insane
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
http://a359.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/26/l_b0404b4245fb3ee9393c392a719bb3ee.jpg

Still shot by Jeremiah Johnson (Producer)

Mike Insane
04-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Production Note: 4-23-07

Phew! What a weekend. The location's construction was completed late Friday evening. It was a sheik Martini lounge. The thought was "If you build it , they will come." Well they didn't come. The end result was that we used our cover set to get another sequence shot. We decided to regroup and try and get the club scene done on the 20th of May (side note: If anyone wants to come be background in our film please PM me) All in all the day was a difficult one. It's an ego blow when you think you will have 50 extras for a club scene and you wind up with 2. Other than that, our only major hiccup was one of the producers completely destroying the suspended liquor rack hanging behind the bar... good going RED! With bottles of food coloring/ remnants of really good tequila smashed to peices all over the floor, the only thing left o do was laugh. LOL. But, the good news is that we had time to dial in the VIP section for the next shoot day. And, after our twins saw the set, they became our chief recruiters for extras... it's great to have excited actresses pushing the needs of your film. (Thanks, Nicole and Michele.) We also want to say a special thank you to Rich and Sharon and Marcello and Shammy for their gracious hosting of our small little giant production.

Day 2 went famously! We got even better footage than we expected! The stills are from the Day 2 shoot in the VIP. Enjoy!
http://a215.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/l_8adc2af867dda6a66727dcfe348e7dee.jpg

Believe me when I say that we will work with these actors again.
</IMG>

Mike Insane
05-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Wow, talk about last minute... we finished and wrapped post this evening... 3:20 AM PST on the 30th.

What an amazing adventure it has been.

First to all of our extras who came out to our club scene, we will be adjusting our credits for your screener copies so you will get credit by name. Thank you again for being a part of this.

To the Pfleugardts (sp?) You are amazing! Thank you for all of your effort and enthusiasm!

Production note:

minus a few bodies we managed to get a reasonable turn out for a club scene. It was scary at first but once we pulled it all together the shoot ran smoothly and we had a lot of fun. The cast and crew left in good spirits and the footage looked wonderful.

Post Production note:

I've never had such a glitchy time with editing. The system I was on was very tempermental with the files that we were using on it. I think in the future I'll opt to use my boutique system. at least I know how it will handle different medias. Sometimes a bigger badder system isn't the the best choice.

Lesson learned.

So, to anyone reading this, enjoy the film and please feel free to e-mail me with comments and the sort.

Regards,
Michael Ballestero
12th Round Entertainment

Keystoned
05-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Wow how did I miss this thread?

Glad you got i all in the can. If I had seen this thread, would've helped with the hemo-effects.

Looks like a lot of fun ... dare I say shagadellic even :)

Ted Arabian
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Wow! Am I the first to review this?

What a great film here. Nicely shot!!! WOW! Stunning imagery... and not just your actors. The sets are so well done. I love the bar sequence. And was that your idea to hang the sheers and send light through them? Or was it already like that? What a beautiful look. The lighting is gorgeous. The camera work wonderful. The story simple but with a twist.

I really liked this.

I will comment more.

Great work!

-Ted

Dahopafilms
06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Working my way backwards up the list.

I had no idea about this short until I watched it. Really nice visuals. Looked good. Did I mention it was good to watch?

I wasn't too keen on the storyline. Maybe because I'm just too damn dim to find one here. I'm asking why? Why was the copy of the hard drive needed? What was being hidden? From who? Why? How did the blonde in red figure in?

Anyway, not to take away from the visuals (it really did look great).

Thanks for making this. I will watch it again.

And I thought at first that was Brandon Rice playing your lead ... then I realized Brandon is far more buff ...

bosindy
06-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Good looking cast. You guys look like you had a ball making it. I am no pro at sound, but I craved a little better sound in parts, maybe ADR the club. Fun film though. Congrats.

Jim

chris f
06-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Standard Disclaimer: I've yet to see a bad film so far in this fest. Congratulations to every film maker, everyone did a great job. All my comments and criticisms are meant to be constructive and helpful and in no way am I trying to take anything away from what you accomplished.

Good: Bar set design was really nice, seemed like it was straight out of CSI: Miami (which is a good thing). Hotel set design was really good too. People doing the robot always makes me laugh.

Not as Good: Didn't seem to be much of a story. The acting was a little weak.

Sidenote: I'm guessing the guy in the hotel room scene didn't mind that he wasn't getting paid for the gig.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
06-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Sidenote: I'm guessing the guy in the hotel room scene didn't mind that he wasn't getting paid for the gig.
LOL! :)

I would have liked to hear club music, and then have it get more muted when he entered the bathroom. Would have been a nice touch.

Nice visuals!

Cheers,

Mike

Mike Insane
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
thank you to everyone who commented so far.

The bar and hotel are creations of my team. I do club events on the side and a lot of the props and design came from that world. The Hotel was a ... we have a garage full of stuff, lets put something together colloberation. It was a rough morning but we really enjoyed the footage once done.

The story was hacked down a bit. We had a lot of trouble getting extras when we needed them so that distracted me and my team from taking care of the "story" like we should have. In hind sight we also needed one or two more crew present so we could pay more attention to the actors and the lines.

The audio in the club was folly'd in. We may have missed the mix by a decibel or two. The actual actors voices were recorded clean. We just messed up on he mix.

the club music... hehehe, the first few cuts had exactly what you suggested. However we ran into a problem in post... whenever we would make a cut to the audio track (mp3) in FCP HD a pice of it would randomly select a part of the song that wasn't supposed to be there. We wound up getting all kinds of crazy parts to the songs. Then every time we would fix it and save it, it would revert back to the crazy parts. So, essentially, we gave up on editing the audio to match the scene. I think this was a product of working with 24p on a system without the proper updates... but honestly, your guess is as good as mine. If we do a reedit on the 12th Round system (mine) then we will give the sound editing another try. Funny how you let things slip by when you have a hard deadline.

thanks again for the comments
Mike B.
Cast and Crew of Swift Moves

HPB24
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Way to go !!!:beer:

AmyO
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Fun movie. The visuals and camera work were great. I'd go back and tweak your audio. It would bring up the production value of this great little piece even more.

As to the issue with the music you mentioned. I believe the problem lies in trying to use an MP3 file. Final Cut doesn't really like those. Try exporting it from Quicktime as a 48khz AIFF file and use that instead. I'm sure you'll find Final Cut plays nicer with it.

Good work. :)

cinealma
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I really liked the visuals of this one. The club scene was phenomenal. The story was, well, a typical kind of thing. Nothing wrong with it, really. The only thing I didn't care for much was the acting once they started talking. I think that was the weakest part. The music was great, especially for the club. The whole club thing kind of reminded me a bit of Collateral.

I didn't care for the title cards in between scenes, and I don't really think you needed them.

If I watch it with the sound turned off, it's really a nice looking bit of filmmaking. You should do music videos.

Thanks for screening. I enjoyed it.

Keystoned
06-08-2007, 05:26 PM
... whenever we would make a cut to the audio track (mp3) in FCP HD a pice of it would randomly select a part of the song that wasn't supposed to be there. We wound up getting all kinds of crazy parts to the songs. Then every time we would fix it and save it, it would revert back to the crazy parts. So, essentially, we gave up on editing the audio to match the scene. I think this was a product of working with 24p on a system without the proper updates...

FCP does not like MP3's. Open iTunes. Convert the MP3 to an AIFF or any Apple Audio codec (but I know you are safe with AIFF) use the AIFF instead and you will have zero problems.

Also, if you have already done a lot of work with the MP3 and don't want to lose it, then after you make the AIFF version, go to the folder where FCP imported the MP3 from and change the name. FCP will now show "media offline" or "media missing" for the mp3. "Reconnect Media" manually and link the new AIFF file to the mp3 file in the browser in FCP and it will substitute the AIFF for the referenced MP3. All of your cross fades and filters and level adjustments will remain intact and you will have zero problems again.

you can change the name in the FCP browser to have an AIFF ext. now if you wish, and trash the mp3 file from the folder or move it.

No MP3 for FCP. MP3 bad.

So this film looked really good due to what was in front of the camera and how it was lit. Nice hotties of both genders. Did not think the acting or story was there though. I hate to say it but it seemed like generic vignettes from the spy lexicon. It looked so good though that I enjoyed watching it. I think if you dug deeper for story and held the acting bar higher in casting you could rule the world.

Thanks for screening this. Again, great look.

Shawn Philip Nelson
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I didn't really get the plot, everything seemed very unmotivated. Like the guy getting killed out of nowhere. But, you had the best looking ass in SpyFest so here's to your film! :-) The other chicks were hot too, a bit underutilized but nice. The bar scene was cool too. You've definitely got some style.

Michael_Petro
06-09-2007, 08:21 AM
nice style great looking cast..... see you next fest?

Norm Sanders
06-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Visually, this was a GREAT looking film. I'd say that you had the hottest females in your film, but I've got a feeling I'd get in trouble, so I won't go on record as saying such ... :grin: ... but, you do have the most consistent model quality talent in the fest, that's for sure. The entire cast was gorgeous.

Unfortunately, that was their greatest strength, as I didn't see much in the way of acting/performance coming through, which also could have been hampered by the script/story that also needed work.

Editing looked good until we'd come to the title card transitions ... really needed to work on something that would better at least help the audio portion of the transitions to smooth the flow.

Back to the greatest strength on here; the visuals. The colors you had in your sets were also GREAT, the opening bar scene in specific just really popped with a multitude of vibrant colors, and not only was beautiful, but looked absolutely pro, IMO.

Edgen
06-10-2007, 11:26 AM
My Thoughts:

Those girls were pretty smokin.

Im' jealous you had so much extra time at the end of your film for credits and outtakes.

/j

gabrielflorit
06-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Very photogenic cast, but no acting skills. It doesn't matter though, this short wasn't taking itself seriously, and that's a good thing, it kept it fun. I loved the club scene, very well done, beautiful lighting.

HPB24
06-18-2007, 10:29 PM
You really set the bar off Mike but I would still like to stay on as Set Production HAHAHAHA:-Laugh(DBG)-1:-Laugh(DBG)-1