PDA

View Full Version : Blood: A Butcher's Tale !!

Mars United
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
The project I have been working on with the SI-2K Mini for the last few weeks is called Blood: A Butcher's Tale. It stars Battlestar Galactica's "Chief", played by Aaron Douglas. We are in mid production, so I'm pretty tired, but I just got leave to talk about it so, here I am.

The film is shot mostly on green screen, though there are some CG elements as well as real sets. It is a vampire movie, with a very stylized look, which will attempt to create a comic book sort of look like ... well, I'll leave it at that. I'm privy to some of the ideas, but we'll see what the effects guy comes up with in the end. By the way, he has a team of 40 people that will be working on the keying of the miniatures and CG. I can hardly wait until it is out of post. 4 - 6 months, I would guess.

We have had so many visitors on set to see the SI-2K Mini in action, and I've likely found more work for it.

I must say that Silicon Imaging has been most supportive. We've had a few issues to work through (don't run a 75 foot VGA cable from your laptop's video card!!!), but SI is always fast to respond to our questions. So, props to them.

It should be noted that the camera hasn't failed us once. We were down momentarily due to a faulty power cable and the above-mentioned VGA cable lesson, but we have never missed a take or recorded bad data. Beautiful.

We hope to have some stills/frame grabs posted soon, as well as provide some movie clips.

I'm so glad I bought this camera. I still want an HVX200, and wherever I turn I see them in use and they rock, but this is simply a different class altogether.

Cheers :beer:

Chris.

Kholi
03-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Way to Pioneer.

Show us some stills when you can!

Mars United
03-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Hey, Kohli! Will do. I'll try to get that done Sat or Sunday. For now, here is the imdb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905319/ Not fully up to date yet, but the actors are accurate I think. In fact, I was just checking their other movies and I'm realizing how experienced these people are.

Jason Rodriguez
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Cool stuff, can't wait to hear more :)

sean90291
03-31-2007, 11:37 AM
You know what? Aaron Douglas is a phenomenal actor. Wow. I'm jealous--I'd love to work with someone like that. He's only going to get more and bigger roles.

Mars United
04-02-2007, 11:25 PM
You know what? Aaron Douglas is a phenomenal actor. Wow. I'm jealous--I'd love to work with someone like that. He's only going to get more and bigger roles.
He really is a great actor and a funny guy.

I copied some takes to my laptop and I'll post a few screen grabs tomorrow (our day off). Sorry, I can't post any clips at this point. The green screen backgrounds that comprise most of the set ups aren't too interesting by themselves. But, I've seen the concept artwork for the post miniatures and CG and it is truly amazing.

Cheers,
Chris.

zeke
04-11-2007, 11:22 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of lenses are you using?
PL mount or C mount?

Thanks in advance

Joe C.

Mars United
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM
I have a PL mount camera and have a 12-120 Zeiss zoom. The production rented Zeiss primes.

Also, sorry for not getting any stills up yet. We just shot some additional footage for a teaser. I'll post something very soon. Cheers.