PDA

View Full Version : How to smooth skin in photoshop

plainman007
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi how does one get a smooth finish to the skin. Covering up flaws and scars and pores giving a silky matte feel to the skin. Like most of the models on mag covers etc. Ive tried the sponge and blur tool. But im not satisfied. Any idea which tool would be the right one to use ?

kyle.presley
03-19-2007, 01:54 PM
I use smudge at 7% or airbrush at 3% when I do this type of stuff.

Matt Grunau
03-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Lots of those kinds of techiniques are listed extensively in the Glamorshop turorial thread at the top of this forum.

I use the healing brush mostly, since it can bring a little patterning across while at the same time not have the obvious tiling of the clone tool.

Drew Ott
03-19-2007, 07:56 PM
There are some nice tutorials on YouTube.

Matt Grunau
03-20-2007, 11:58 AM
There are some nice tutorials on YouTube.

Would you be kind enough to put some links up in the tutorials sticky?

Drew Ott
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w3OS46DfykA&mode=related&search=

That's a decent one. I coulnt' find the the one I was talking about which I thought was better. There are a ton if you just seach for them.

Tom Marshall
03-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Lots of those kinds of techiniques are listed extensively in the Glamorshop turorial thread at the top of this forum.

I use the healing brush mostly, since it can bring a little patterning across while at the same time not have the obvious tiling of the clone tool.

I use the healing brush a lot too. That plus the patch tool - it works like a charm!